It is currently Sun 19 Nov 2017 03:07 GMT
Change font size

Choosing Where to Live

Life in and around Dobrich

Mountains, sea or cities, Bulgaria has a lot of variety to offer. . . But where to choose? This forum can help!

Postby wardog » Wed 8 Sep 2010 08:28 GMT

Can anyone tell me the kind of facilities available in and around Dobrich (town and villages).

Are there many shopping centres/supermarkets.
Is broadbad internet available.
Chemist and medicine facilities.
Computer spares, ink cartridges, paper, etc.
Property to rent.
Public transport.
Road conditions.
Winter temeperatures.
What are the legal plot size requirements for country properties. In Spain for example it is a minimum of 10,000 sq.m plot size for newly built property.

Any information generally good and bad about life around Dobrich would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
wardog
Free member

Postby wardog » Thu 23 Sep 2010 07:45 GMT

Can nobody give me any feedback to my post as above......any information would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Denis
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
wardog
Free member

Re: Life in and around Dobrich

Postby Trev » Thu 23 Sep 2010 10:29 GMT

wardog wrote:
Are there many shopping centres/supermarkets.
Is broadbad internet available.
Chemist and medicine facilities.
Computer spares, ink cartridges, paper, etc.
Property to rent.
Public transport.
Road conditions.
Winter temeperatures.

A few
Yes in town, maybe in villages.
Yes
Yes
Lots of it, renters market at the moment
Poor
Poor
Down to -20 C, drifting snow, roads blocked, no road cleaning, all highly likely in Jan/Feb
Trev & Vania - Varna - Bulgaria

http://www.tcinbg.net
Posted by:
Trev
Supporter

Postby Kay » Thu 23 Sep 2010 12:47 GMT

You'll have more luck if you post specific questions in the relevant boards. You can't really expect to get a whole jumble of questions answered in one thread. It may be more convenient for you, but you need to consider others too, and the fact that we're not here to provide a one-to-one service for all of any one person's needs.

If you want to know about property, then ask on the property board. Ditto transport, etc, etc.

Thank you.
Kay's Blog - My blog about online business and earning money online.

Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby wardog » Fri 24 Sep 2010 09:59 GMT

Thank you for the information that has been provided in answer to my post. I wasn´t really expecting any one person to answer all of my questions but just, any of them. If anyone has been inconvenienced by my jumble of questions then such was not my intention and I will apologise to any such person, personally.

Thank you again.
Posted by:
wardog
Free member

Postby Trev » Fri 24 Sep 2010 11:26 GMT

wardog wrote:Thank you for the information that has been provided in answer to my post.

Actually, it makes a change for someone to say Thank You. So, thanks for that.

Kay was saying that it helps other people searching for info if multiple questions are spread around the topics associated with the question.
Trev & Vania - Varna - Bulgaria

http://www.tcinbg.net
Posted by:
Trev
Supporter

Postby wardog » Sat 25 Sep 2010 07:26 GMT

My pleasure Trevor, many thanks once again.
Posted by:
wardog
Free member

Postby Lidiya » Mon 11 Oct 2010 17:17 GMT

wardog wrote:Can nobody give me any feedback to my post as above......any information would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Denis

Hello there...
My name is Lidiya and I'm Bulgarian. I live in Dobrich right now and would like to offer my help to anyone who need it.
I have a lot of English friends manly from London, and I'm open to create a new ones :) .
Please do not hasitate to text me about anything.

Good luck!!
Posted by:
Lidiya

Postby wardog » Tue 12 Oct 2010 15:12 GMT

Thank you Lidiya we will contact you directly if we may.

Best wishes and thanks again.

Denis.
Posted by:
wardog
Free member

Postby DukeSylo » Wed 9 Mar 2011 04:13 GMT

I hope to be moving to Kladentsi, Tervel, Dobrich sometime in the future, I've found a house there I fancy, bit of a wreck, but no matter, the location and the space and peace and quiet will do just nicely. I hope, one day to renovate the house to make a small B&B for Brit visitors, with maybe a couple of chalets for self catering on the land. Nothing too grand, just a cheap base for holiday makers. Mostly though, I just want a nice rural home where we can have horses and look forward to retirement away from the rat race that is the UK.
Posted by:
DukeSylo

Postby HannahK » Sat 4 Jan 2014 17:39 GMT

Looking to meet / make friend in the Dobrich-Karapelit general area. Will be moving there during the year!
I have many questions but I WILL NOT abuse friendship to get answers. Interesting to move to new country! Thanks!
Posted by:
HannahK

Return to Choosing Where to Live