It is currently Sun 19 Nov 2017 03:01 GMT
Change font size

Choosing Where to Live

Hello from the UK

Mountains, sea or cities, Bulgaria has a lot of variety to offer. . . But where to choose? This forum can help!

Hello from the UK

Postby Tonyone » Thu 25 Aug 2011 16:48 GMT

Hi everyone my name is Tony and my wife's name is Gala, I have taken early retirement partly due to health but partly because I'd had enough after nearly 45 years. The property prices in Bulgaria and relatively low cost of living would help my pension go a bit further. We have seen a house for sale that via photographs looks perfect for us. The area is Dulgapol near a village called Boryana and would like some information about living there. Security is number 1 but also weather extremes is close runner up. Living in the UK for most of my life its hard to imagine if I could cope with long hot summers or even more so freezing cold winters and the chance of not being able to get out of the house due to snow. We hope someone will be kind enouh to offer advice.
Posted by:
Tonyone

Postby Trev » Thu 25 Aug 2011 23:03 GMT

Hi Tony and Gala, welcome to the forum.

1. Please you must visit and see what you are buying. Photographs can be very deceptive.

2. What ever you decide to buy, please ensure that you employ an independent lawyer, do not use one suggested by the real estate company.

There are other things to be aware of, but these two are probably the most important.

As far as the snow goes, get a Lada Niva, goes anywhere, even without chains. If you can afford a new one it might even be a bit comfortable. :)

Aircon is fairly reasonably priced if you have problems with the heat.

Hope this helps

Trevor
Trev & Vania - Varna - Bulgaria

http://www.tcinbg.net
Posted by:
Trev
Supporter

Postby Tonyone » Fri 26 Aug 2011 09:24 GMT

Thanks Trev that is our intention. We have 3 properties to look at around Varna and 3 around Bourgas. The one near to Dulgapol I immediately though that will do me as it looks great. My first plan was just to come over and rent so has to give it a try but when I started looking at properties offered by agents I lost track a bit. The heat we will easily get use to and as you say air con is cheap. I have a landrover that I thought I would drive over in and that normally keeps me moving in our snow. But we don't know what Bulgarias winters are like or how long they last in and around Dulgapol. We are hoping that some kind person on here will offer some advice that gives us at least some idea.
Posted by:
Tonyone

Return to Choosing Where to Live