It is currently Fri 19 Oct 2018 17:46 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Ghana – Quick Quiz
    The cradle of the Ashanti Empire and known to mediaeval European explorers as the Gold Coast, Ghana was the first country in Western Africa to achieve independence. But how much do you know about it?

Residency and Immigration Issues

Moving to Bulgaria

Even though Bulgaria's now joined the EU, there's still a host of residency questions facing the would-be immigrant. Ask them here!

Moving to Bulgaria

Postby shack444 » Wed 25 Jul 2007 13:09 GMT

i am in the process of selling my house in cornwall and need a bit of advice on the lastest permenant residency laws and visas etc to move to bulgaria.
can any body help please.[/i][/b]
Posted by:
shack444

Postby Quest Bulgaria » Thu 26 Jul 2007 06:02 GMT

Hi shack444

You don't need a visa any more to come to Bulgaria for 90 days in a six month period.

If you are going to be moving permanently to Bulgaria you can just come on your passports. During the 90 days after you arrive you need to contact your local immigration office (often at the police station) and apply for a residency permit. The permit is issued on the same day and is for five years.

Hope that helps
Jain
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Quest Bulgaria
Free member

Postby shack444 » Fri 27 Jul 2007 15:23 GMT

Thanks for the reply Jain.
Posted by:
shack444

Postby Quest Bulgaria » Fri 27 Jul 2007 16:26 GMT

No problems, you're welcome... if you need more info, please do post on the forum and we'll answer as we want to share answers with all for the community benefit

Jain and Chris
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Quest Bulgaria
Free member

Visa

Postby lorrie123 » Mon 30 Jul 2007 23:04 GMT

Hi Shack444

I am new to this forum but have been to many others and asked many members the same question with differing answers which is so confusing :roll: so I would just like to say thank you for giving the most direct and straightforward answer I have read yet as I now no exactly what to do.

Many Many thanks
Laura :D

By the way I visited a site today that although didnt answer my question as well as u have but seemed to have a lot of information without having to ask question so maybe it will be of interest to you.
[URL removed by Site Admin]
Posted by:
lorrie123

visa

Postby lorrie123 » Mon 30 Jul 2007 23:35 GMT

Hi Quest Bulgaria

Sorry but i posted this message to wrong person Doh

I am new to this forum but have been to many others and asked many members the same question with differing answers which is so confusing so I would just like to say thank you for giving the most direct and straightforward answer I have read yet as I now no exactly what to do. May I ask have you actually done this yourself and can you tell me what sort of documentaion was required at time of applying to reside permanantly

Many Many thanks
Laura

By the way I visited a site today that although didnt answer my question as well as u have but seemed to have a lot of information without having to ask question so maybe it will be of interest to you.
[URL removed (again :roll: ) by Site Admin. Please read our guidelines. - Dave]
Posted by:
lorrie123

Postby Quest Bulgaria » Tue 31 Jul 2007 07:07 GMT

Hi Lorrie123

Thank you :)

Yes, we have done this ourselves; we've been living in Bulgaria for over three years now.

It is difficult to tell you precisely what you will need as the immigration offices in different areas apply the rules indiscriminately. The best thing to do is ask at your local immigration office when you get to your area. Here in Sofia, we found it very straight forward - they only asked for passports and proof of medical insurance. But I know of other people who have been asked of proof of address in Bulgaria, proof of income, etc... Best to ask them and then you'll be sure.

Sorry I can't be more specific - but that's Bulgaria.

Cheers :)
Posted by:
Quest Bulgaria
Free member

Postby zebra » Sat 8 Nov 2014 09:12 GMT

YOU CAN ALSO GET A RESIDENCY PERMIT FOR 12 MONTHS.
Posted by:
zebra
Free member

Return to Residency and Immigration Issues