It is currently Wed 11 Dec 2019 17:52 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

Residency and Immigration Issues

Rules on bringing plants to Bulgaria

Even though Bulgaria's now joined the EU, there's still a host of residency questions facing the would-be immigrant. Ask them here!

Rules on bringing plants to Bulgaria

Postby lucylaverda » Fri 21 Sep 2007 15:55 GMT

hi
I'm new to the forum but we are planning to move on a permanent basis once our house is sold in UK. The question is, is it possible to bring plants of any decription with us? I have tried the Bulgarian Embassy but not had a reply and cant seem to find any information on this anywhere. Just wondered if anyone has actually had the experience.

Any help appreciated
Regards :)
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
lucylaverda
Free member

Postby redhead » Mon 24 Sep 2007 13:42 GMT

I have a property in BG and wanted to bring over seeds and small conifers over in my case as the conifers are so expensive in BG. I was told by someone living there that no plants were to be taken as they could contaminate their plants and trees. IE if they had a disease or anything. That was last year so not sure what the laws are saying now.
Posted by:
redhead

Postby lucylaverda » Mon 24 Sep 2007 17:17 GMT

I rather think this is the case-just wondered if there were any sort of legal rules specific to Bulgaria. I think I have to accept its a no go-so will have to say a sad goodbye to cacti collection and a nice little monkey puzzle tree I hoped to take.
Thanks anyway
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
lucylaverda
Free member

Postby Dave » Mon 24 Sep 2007 19:23 GMT

You may find that now that Bulgaria is in the EU, the rules have changed.

Have a look at this useful topic on the "Clark in the Park" board on the main forum:

Plants to France
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby lucylaverda » Mon 24 Sep 2007 20:21 GMT

Thanks for the link-lots of really good information on the thread
Cheers
Posted by:
lucylaverda
Free member

Return to Residency and Immigration Issues