It is currently Tue 20 Aug 2019 21:42 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five pub quiz questions – Quick Quiz
    As a change from our usual helping of country-related trivia, here's a tasty selection of five "pub quiz" type general knowledge questions. Have a go!

Residency and Immigration Issues

Rules on bringing plants to Bulgaria

Even though Bulgaria's now joined the EU, there's still a host of residency questions facing the would-be immigrant. Ask them here!

Rules on bringing plants to Bulgaria

Postby lucylaverda » Fri 21 Sep 2007 15:55 GMT

hi
I'm new to the forum but we are planning to move on a permanent basis once our house is sold in UK. The question is, is it possible to bring plants of any decription with us? I have tried the Bulgarian Embassy but not had a reply and cant seem to find any information on this anywhere. Just wondered if anyone has actually had the experience.

Any help appreciated
Regards :)
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
lucylaverda
Free member

Postby redhead » Mon 24 Sep 2007 13:42 GMT

I have a property in BG and wanted to bring over seeds and small conifers over in my case as the conifers are so expensive in BG. I was told by someone living there that no plants were to be taken as they could contaminate their plants and trees. IE if they had a disease or anything. That was last year so not sure what the laws are saying now.
Posted by:
redhead

Postby lucylaverda » Mon 24 Sep 2007 17:17 GMT

I rather think this is the case-just wondered if there were any sort of legal rules specific to Bulgaria. I think I have to accept its a no go-so will have to say a sad goodbye to cacti collection and a nice little monkey puzzle tree I hoped to take.
Thanks anyway
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
lucylaverda
Free member

Postby Dave » Mon 24 Sep 2007 19:23 GMT

You may find that now that Bulgaria is in the EU, the rules have changed.

Have a look at this useful topic on the "Clark in the Park" board on the main forum:

Plants to France
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby lucylaverda » Mon 24 Sep 2007 20:21 GMT

Thanks for the link-lots of really good information on the thread
Cheers
Posted by:
lucylaverda
Free member

Return to Residency and Immigration Issues