It is currently Fri 6 Dec 2019 08:20 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Slovakia – Quick Quiz
    To your average Briton, Slovakia is one of Europe's less well-known countries. Why not do something to change that sad state of affairs with our Quick Quiz?

Residency and Immigration Issues

Advice please

Even though Bulgaria's now joined the EU, there's still a host of residency questions facing the would-be immigrant. Ask them here!

Advice please

Postby chris123 » Fri 7 Jan 2011 18:10 GMT

Hello everyone, new to the forum. Can i ask some advice and help please ??

I am going to Sandanski on Tuesday to secure rental on a property. I will be there for 10 days and then returning permanently in late february. I will follow all the proceedures needed to obtain a long stay visa. How long does this actually take. I ask because my wife is russian and apparently she needs proof of my residence in bulgaria before she can get a visa to stay with me, at least according to the bulgarian embassy in russia.

How much does my permanent residency cost, as no one, not even the bulgarian embassy in London know the cost.

Finally our joint pensions amount to approx 2500 lv a month. How well can we live in bulgaria on this.

Any help and advice will be most welcome. thank you. chris
Posted by:
chris123

Postby Dave » Fri 7 Jan 2011 18:33 GMT

Hi, and welcome.

With any luck someone will be able to advise you on your visa/residency questions. In the meantime, could you please ask your cost of living question on the Money matters board - it's easier for everyone to find useful information on the boards if questions and answers are posted on the boards where they naturally belong. Multiple questions in the same post tend to lead to confusion. Thanks. :-)
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby chris123 » Fri 7 Jan 2011 18:52 GMT

Apologies Dave, yes i will do so. thanks
Posted by:
chris123

Return to Residency and Immigration Issues