It is currently Wed 17 Oct 2018 22:26 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Ghana – Quick Quiz
    The cradle of the Ashanti Empire and known to mediaeval European explorers as the Gold Coast, Ghana was the first country in Western Africa to achieve independence. But how much do you know about it?

Working in Bulgaria

Setting up a business in Bulgaria

What are the rules? What is the likely demand for your services? NO ADVERTISING - adverts belong in our classifieds section. Ads, self-promotion etc will be deleted.

Setting up a business in Bulgaria

Postby Texair » Wed 6 Feb 2008 10:21 GMT

Hello, I am considering relocating to BG in the area near to Primorsko.
I currently have a UK based skydiving related internet business which is growing slowly but surely.

I have 2 main questions, what would I need to do to set up a business in BG, I need some advice about the process of setting up a business such as how do you register a business and what tax will I need to pay etc.

And what are the options for Broadband internet in the Primorsko area, will I need a satellite dish or is the phone line good enough for broadband

Any assistance will be gratefully received

Andy
Posted by:
Texair

Postby Kay » Thu 7 Feb 2008 10:44 GMT

Hi Andy

Welcome to BE and good luck with your move.

Please see the board ICT & Electrical for your broadband question. It may have already been answered. If not, feel free to ask your question there.
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Milen » Thu 7 Feb 2008 19:31 GMT

Hello Andy,

Setting up a business in Bulgaria is fairly simple. You have to register a company. The process takes up to 10 days (depending on whether you are in Bulgaria or not).

Regarding the tax issues, each company in Bulgaria is obliged to pay a corporate tax each year. Additionally if your turnover exceeds 50,000 levs (approx. EUR 25,000) per year your company have to make a VAT registration. Additionally, if the company is an employer, there are certain rules about employees' social security and tax payments.

You can find broadband connection in Bulgaria, but you have to ask some local ISP in the Primorsko area about the details. I think it will be easy to find the desired connection speed.

Milen
attorney at law
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Milen
Free member

Postby snowboardinst » Wed 4 Feb 2009 11:18 GMT

hi andy just out of interest have you moved to primorsko? i live in bansko and am looking for people to do b%b swaps with in that area because i skydive too and jump at montana and hopefully this summer in prim too
cheers
lewis
Posted by:
snowboardinst

Return to Working in Bulgaria