It is currently Fri 15 Dec 2017 21:23 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Belgium – Quick Quiz
    Belgium's one of the United Kingdom's closest neighbours. But how much do you know about it beyond beer, chocolates and the EU? Take our quiz and find out!

Schools/Education

moving to bulgaria with young children

If you've got kids of school age, or you're considering studying in Bulgaria yourself, this is where to post.

moving to bulgaria with young children

Postby tonythomp692001 » Fri 17 Jun 2005 12:36 GMT

hi we are an english coulple looking to move to bulgaria. we have 3 children aged 2 5 and 7 years old the only thing that worries us is the education side of things. we havent yet decided on an area because we thought we would try to fit that around the schooling side of things. would be greatful if anyone could give us any info on schools and education anything at all would be appreciated eg type of schools,costs,qualifications,ages,areas etc.
hope some one can help
tony and debs
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
tonythomp692001
Free member

Postby tonythomp692001 » Sun 26 Jun 2005 21:04 GMT

i seem to be a bit unlucky in finding the information that i want i check this posting everyday so please post dont worry about the date this was posted or if anyone knows of any other forums please let me know
thanx in advance
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
tonythomp692001
Free member

Postby Kelly944 » Tue 19 Jul 2005 15:45 GMT

Hi, we are also in the same position as yourselves. We have a son aged 3 and have recently had a daughter. We are looking at commercial and residential property in Bulgaria but are also having difficulty in finding information about education. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Posted by:
Kelly944

Re: moving to bulgaria with young children

Postby pandora77 » Tue 15 Nov 2005 07:57 GMT

Hello, I was in the same situation few years back! Depend where you want to move to, if in Sofia, then there is no problem in finding a school or a kindergarthen in English, but if you are planning to move in country there are very few english schools, you can always try bulgarian governmental kindergarthen or school, because they are praktically for free, and the teachers are very nice to the kids in general.There is a possibility for finding a nanny too, doesent cost much 1-4 leva per hour depends if you want her to help in the household.
For private schools in Sofia the choise is big!!! American , French, Jewish, Armenian, German- whatever you like,but don't worry- if you have more questions ask
Posted by:
pandora77

Postby sue71 » Tue 7 Feb 2006 12:13 GMT

there are many schools around all the villages in bg that will accept and help english kids. mine all happilly go to the local schools and one in kindergarden.
Posted by:
sue71
Free member

Postby rookie » Fri 21 Apr 2006 10:23 GMT

we've bought just outside Varna and education is what is stopping us moving.We have a 10 year old daughter.
We would all like to start to learn the language but are having problems on where to start.I just borrowed a book from the library with a cd to try and learn basics but went straight into dialogue after the alphabet!!!
Need to learn very basics as hello,how are you, count,day, time,ect like they do at schools for french but need a LOT of help.Anyone any ideas please. :?
Posted by:
rookie

Postby sue71 » Fri 21 Apr 2006 10:32 GMT

If you are moving to Varna why not try the Little Prince school that teaches in English? We didnt learn any of the language until we came out and have found it easier to learn one to one face to face. the tapes do go too fast!
Posted by:
sue71
Free member

Postby rookie » Mon 24 Apr 2006 10:33 GMT

Sue
Thanks for that.
Any more info on the little prince school would be very much appriciated
:lol:
Posted by:
rookie

Children

Postby Pete379 » Tue 2 May 2006 14:08 GMT

My Wife and I are also thinking of moving to BG and are worried about childens education we have a 7 yr old daughter and further info would be appreciated, also thanks for the warning about the builder, as this is and area we were looking at. :)
Posted by:
Pete379

Education in varna

Postby Barry1957 » Tue 15 Aug 2006 06:56 GMT

Did anyone get any more info on little prince school or similar, are they fee paying or free. :? We are considering moving to BG next 12 months with 3 children & are worried by lack of info on education. Can anyone help?
Posted by:
Barry1957
Free member

Schools for english children

Postby rebecca » Sat 26 Aug 2006 22:09 GMT

Hi my name is Rebecca

I am looking into buying property in Bulgaria, I am unsure where to buy as I have two chidren, a boy of 8 and a girl of 6.

I would prefer English speaking but open to suggestions. Is Sue still on this website as she says she has children and they are already at school in Bulgaria?

Your advise would be greatly appreciated, i'm sure you know what a big move this is for us and would like to get it right!
Posted by:
rebecca

Postby Barry1957 » Sun 3 Sep 2006 20:34 GMT

Still hoping that someone can give me a littlle info on education of children, but it would appear that nobody knows,HELP PLEASE!
Posted by:
Barry1957
Free member

Postby Trev » Sun 3 Sep 2006 21:19 GMT

You could of course try a search in Yahoo for 'little prince school varna' that is likely to find more information for you.
Trev & Vania - Varna - Bulgaria

http://www.tcinbg.net
Posted by:
Trev
Supporter

Education

Postby Barry1957 » Mon 4 Sep 2006 08:46 GMT

Thanks for that Trev ill try that
Posted by:
Barry1957
Free member

Postby rookie » Fri 13 Oct 2006 12:36 GMT

Barry

We were out in August and visited "The Little Prince" school in Varna.We met with one of the secretaries.They do have a web site.Just type Little Prince school varna into google and it'll come up.It is a private european school.
To get into the school the children have to learn Bulgarian.They spend 6 months doing nothing else but learning to speak, write and reading it. There are 3 different costs depending which one you go for (eg lunch in school,stay for afternoon,ect) the cost is around £2000. It then costs just over £1000 per year. They already have 3 British and 2 American children there.It doesn't look much from the outside but modern and fresh inside.
Need any other info you can e mail me and I'll give you a ring.
We are intending to move out next year and our 10 year old daughter is all up for it
:lol:
Posted by:
rookie

Next

Return to Schools/Education