It is currently Thu 14 Dec 2017 10:12 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Belgium – Quick Quiz
    Belgium's one of the United Kingdom's closest neighbours. But how much do you know about it beyond beer, chocolates and the EU? Take our quiz and find out!

Schools/Education

Learning Bulgarian [original posting by David+Lynz]

If you've got kids of school age, or you're considering studying in Bulgaria yourself, this is where to post.

Learning Bulgarian [original posting by David+Lynz]

Postby Dave » Fri 19 May 2006 13:02 GMT

David+Lynz posted on Tue 9 May 2006 11:24:

Our only hesitations are the severity of the Bulgarian winter and the lack of English speaking. I am hoping to learn some basic Bulgarian for shopping etc, so where is the best place to start?

sunnyskies replied on Wed 10 May 2006 21:18:

Don't worry about lack of English speaking- we live in a tiny village and most youngsters speak some! For the language you must start with the alphabet, when you have that mastered it will be 100 times easier to learn- I practised by reading road signs when they were wizzing by..lol! I know pretty much every food item (in the mag next month its food and talking to the shop assistant-so u shud check that out!)

Quest Bulgaria replied on Thu 11 May 2006 13:59:

Most of the BG's speak some English (even if they don't initially say so) and even more so around the Black Sea Coast area as their living does very much depend on tourism.
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Schools/Education