It is currently Mon 11 Dec 2017 13:37 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Belgium – Quick Quiz
    Belgium's one of the United Kingdom's closest neighbours. But how much do you know about it beyond beer, chocolates and the EU? Take our quiz and find out!

Schools/Education

Family of 4 from London considering permanent move to BG

If you've got kids of school age, or you're considering studying in Bulgaria yourself, this is where to post.

Family of 4 from London considering permanent move to BG

Postby Justine3351 » Mon 15 Oct 2007 07:44 GMT

My husband and I have 2 young children, aged 7 and 4.

About 3 years ago we bought an old house in the center of Tryavna, we employed a local architect who is in the process of completing the rennovation works. My husband and son are flying out next weekend to see the house again and to choose the furniture etc. We had planned to rent it out for part of the Summer and use it for our own holidays too.

However, over the past year or so, we've spent hours and hours discussing how we don't want to bring the children up in London. We've absolutely loved what we've seen of Bulgaria so far, (Tryavna, Arbanasi, Veliko Turnovo, Etar, Koprivshtitsa, Elena, Varna). The low cost of living, clean air, wonderful scenery, rich in culture and friendly people, little crime etc. makes it a very appealing place to raise our kids. Financially we would be secure, however leaving family and friends would be hard. Taking that big step would be so much easier if we knew we could move to BG and be close by to other British families, in the hope that we could make new friends with not only the locals, with other fellow Brits too, providing some support network with each other. Without that it could be very challenging we think. Wondered if there are any little expat communities in BG thinking of home schooling their kids together in a small group? Are there any other Brtish families still here in the UK with similar thoughts and concerns about moving to BG?

Any replies would be great: my email: Hgraceisabel@aol.com[/b]
Posted by:
Justine3351

Return to Schools/Education