It is currently Thu 23 Nov 2017 09:34 GMT
Change font size

Climate and Weather

snow and weather in Bulgaria

Is Bulgaria really that cold in winter? And is that all there is to the weather? Find out the truth here!

snow and weather in Bulgaria

Postby derik » Sun 13 Jan 2008 12:28 GMT

large snow falls arrived in most towns throughout Bulgaria by late December 2007 with continuing snow falls into January and more to follow it is now 13 January 2008 and the beach at Albena on the north coast is still covered with snow. This is good news for the ski resorts, providing they keep the roads clear. and airports open .In general temps have been cold this year with an average off 3c high and lows of -4 but the higher you go the colder it gets and can be -20 .But in general winter tends to be about 4 to 5 c lower than in the uk from December to March. Then in summer is about 10c warmer than Uk .
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
derik
Free member

Postby desverger » Tue 26 Feb 2008 01:12 GMT

hi me and my wife are moving to the black coast in may, just wondered what the weather in may is gunna be like????

many thanks scott
Posted by:
desverger

climate in Bulgaria

Postby derik » Tue 26 Feb 2008 20:49 GMT

Hi Scott . with extreme weather all around the world now,it is no longer easy to prodict weather patterns.
Allready the weather as we come to the end of February is starting to warm up and is now about 15c, and I would say that by May it will be well above 24c and upwards .
In 2007 during mid June Bulgaria experienced unusally warm weather as did many parts of the Med with temperatures of up to 40 degrees celsius. Whatever I hope you and your wife enjoy your stay.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
derik
Free member

Postby desverger » Tue 26 Feb 2008 23:04 GMT

oh right thanks for the advice, im sure we will love it in bulgaria, is signs of a warming already in february a good sign of warmth in spring then there? the weather is very changeable in england
Posted by:
desverger

Re: climate in Bulgaria

Postby Trev » Wed 27 Feb 2008 04:57 GMT

derik wrote: the end of February is starting to warm up and is now about 15c

And next week we could have 2 metres of Snow :wink:

derik wrote:In 2007 during mid June Bulgaria experienced unusally warm weather as did many parts of the Med with temperatures of up to 40 degrees celsius.

But, no different than it was 3, 4 and 5 years ago.
Trev & Vania - Varna - Bulgaria

http://www.tcinbg.net
Posted by:
Trev
Supporter

coming in 2 days!

Postby desverger » Tue 13 May 2008 01:24 GMT

ill be here with my wife in two days! whats the current weather gunna be like over the nest 7-10 days? and are we in for an interesting summer??
thanks again
Posted by:
desverger

Postby Trev » Tue 13 May 2008 05:54 GMT

Clear blue skies, bright sun, +18 to +22 daytime, +10 to +12 at night. Slight chance of thunderstorms and heavy rain, (as usual).
Trev & Vania - Varna - Bulgaria

http://www.tcinbg.net
Posted by:
Trev
Supporter

Postby desverger » Tue 13 May 2008 22:24 GMT

that doesnt sound too bad, am i right in thinking sundays weather looks really bad?? just what im going on with the bbc. do we need to be careful in the sun.. i.e using lotion??
Posted by:
desverger

Postby derik » Wed 12 Nov 2008 20:53 GMT

8) Whist Bulgaria has a winter season ,it is short and sweet,unlike in the Uk where I have known the winter start in October and last until the end of May ,followed by months of wet weather and if your lucky a few weeks of sun. Bulgaria has a good all round climate being close to the Mediterranean sea, unlike the Uk which is an island with the cold North sea on one side and the wild Atlantic on the other
Posted by:
derik
Free member

weather

Postby Doc Martin » Thu 20 Nov 2008 10:18 GMT

hi derik. Reading your post about the weather in May made me think because i always associate May in BG with not so good weather.
But this year i decided to start a diary [bad memory] So after reading your post i looked; and you were right: it was a very good month.
Lets hope we have the same next year.
Posted by:
Doc Martin
Free member

Weather

Postby scotcouple » Thu 4 Dec 2008 05:20 GMT

Hi guys, we've been here since April 08 and have decent weather,
april and May were really quite nice temp although with a few fantastic thunderstorms, June was warmer and also had thunderstorms, July August, September and October and even November where really nice as well although we di have our first snow in November and it did turn very cold it was still lovely and even now inot December during the day we're still wearing Tshirts outside,Our neighbours think we're mad of course but coming from Scotland we're used to the cold.

Hubby has a weather station running in Razdel which is in South East Bulgaria [Link deleted by Site Admin. Kay]
this will give you the weather conditions
Jeanette
Posted by:
scotcouple
Free member

Postby zebra » Sat 8 Nov 2014 08:37 GMT

IN SUMMER THE CLIMATE WILL BE HOT AND IN WINTER THE WIND OFF THE SEA CAN MAKE IT FEEL COLDER THAT IT REALLY IS. THERE WILL ALSO BE SNOW AND RAIN. JUST LOOK FORWARD TO THE LONG HOT SUMMERS.
Posted by:
zebra
Free member

Return to Climate and Weather