It is currently Wed 15 Aug 2018 22:06 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Ukraine – Quick Quiz
    It's the largest country by land area that lies entirely within Europe. And the first line of its national anthem says, reassuringly, that it's not dead yet. But what else do you know about Ukraine?

Driving in Bulgaria

Can i take my motorcycle license in bulgaria?

Getting around Bulgaria by road can be a tricky business! Share your experiences here, and find out how to cope.

Can i take my motorcycle license in bulgaria?

Postby ashleighbaker » Sat 10 Sep 2011 16:02 GMT

hello everybody i am 20 and i am moving to Bulgaria i have a provisional uk license but i want to take my full motorcycle license can i take it in Bulgaria does anyone know any information much appreciated.
Posted by:
ashleighbaker

Postby Dave » Sat 10 Sep 2011 16:29 GMT

Hi - I've shifted this from The Rose as it's very specifically asking for information on a motoring-related subject.

I don't know for sure (I've never been to Bulgaria), but my guess is that you probably can. Most countries allow you to, if you're resident and if you understand enough of the native language to be able to understand the signs.
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Trev » Sat 10 Sep 2011 20:28 GMT

As far as I know the answer is Yes, however, to pass a driving test here you need to take a prescribed drivers course which is of a set number of hours, then a written test followed by a driving test.

It appears that all this can be done in English, including the written test, if you can find an instructor who understands English. Only registered instructors are allowed.

Don't worry about understanding the road sign, ( not even Bulgarians understand them :) ), they are pretty standard through out the EU.

My only concern is that the standard of driving here is appalling, so I would be seriously concerned about anyone driving a motorbike here.
Trev & Vania - Varna - Bulgaria

http://www.tcinbg.net
Posted by:
Trev
Supporter

Return to Driving in Bulgaria