It is currently Thu 24 May 2018 02:39 GMT
Change font size

Driving in Bulgaria

car insurance, we are going round in circles

Getting around Bulgaria by road can be a tricky business! Share your experiences here, and find out how to cope.

car insurance, we are going round in circles

Postby juliemacrae » Thu 4 Jul 2013 12:00 GMT

we have just moved from the USA to Malta. We have biught a car and are now trying to get insurance...what a headache! We havent claimed on our USA insurance for 5 years, but everyone seems to want to ignore the no claims record because the USA do not have a system called no claims bonus.
Anyway the ones who will insure, allbeit at a high price.....do not want to allow us to take the car and travel Europe which is one of the reasons for buying it. We have Maltese ID cards and are residents here......although we are British citizens.
Please can anyone give advice on this as it seems we may have wasted money on a bigger car which was for travelling?? :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
juliemacrae
Premium Member

Postby Dave » Fri 5 Jul 2013 04:14 GMT

Julie, did you really mean to post this on the Bulgaria forum? If you're based in Gozo I can't imagine that a Bulgarian company will insure your car.

If you meant to post on the Malta forum you'll need to repost there, I'm afraid - I can't move the post for you.
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Driving in Bulgaria