It is currently Tue 18 Dec 2018 10:43 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• British Expat Forum – reduced service
    With regret, we've decided to close down most of the British Expat Forum to new posts. Existing Premium Members and Supporters will keep their privileges for the lifetime of the forum.

International Transportation

Travel from UK Airports to Bourgas or Alternatives!

All about flights, rail and freight connections with Bulgaria.

Travel from UK Airports to Bourgas or Alternatives!

Postby avalon1959 » Fri 2 May 2008 09:40 GMT

I am looking at purchasing a property in thge Bourgas region but seem to be having trouble trying to find reasonably cheap flights to be able to visit on a regular basis. Can anyone advise me where to look? Thanks.
Posted by:
avalon1959

Postby brian.love » Fri 24 Oct 2008 16:19 GMT

Hi

New member, so bear with me if response no longer appropriate.

My wife and I are just about to complete on buying a property near Sunny Beach and are trying to find cheap flights from Scotland to BG, what a nightmare!!!

It seems the cheapest are Whizz who fly from Luton but not on a regular basis i.e. once a week!! Apart from that BA fly from Gatwick but you will need to book well in advance to get a reasonable price.

Hope this helps.
Posted by:
brian.love

Flights

Postby scotcouple » Tue 28 Oct 2008 08:47 GMT

Brian-love just realised your a fellow Scot.
Im from Glenrothes in Fife and have spent many a happy sunday at Blochairn Car boot sale in Glasgow.
Yes flights to Burgas are a nightmare from Scotland.
Flights only start in May from Scotland as Sunny Beach shuts down as such in the winter. So not sure if you would get a flight to sofia easier but its a fair drive to SB
Yes Whizz are now flying all year round now to Burgas which tends to suggest it may become an all year round resort.
Plovdiv airport opens 11 December apperently and im not sure about Varna.
I can try and find out for you if you like.
Jeanette
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
scotcouple
Free member

Return to International Transportation