It is currently Thu 23 Nov 2017 09:29 GMT
Change font size

ICT and electrical

British TV in Bulgaria

All about Internet service providers, cable and satellite TV, telephones, electrical goods, power supply...

British TV in Bulgaria

Postby markhaggis » Tue 5 Jul 2005 20:46 GMT

Can anyone tell me if you can get British TV out there and where do most UK expats go to live
Posted by:
markhaggis

re TV

Postby elver » Mon 5 Jun 2006 11:16 GMT

Hi,

Just noticed your post, and if you havent already found out maybe this will help.
Bulstat satellite tv we have 13 british stations. 145 lev installation 14 lev per month subscription.

Nigel
Posted by:
elver

Postby Yeti » Mon 24 Jul 2006 01:26 GMT

You can also recieved Sky Digital, but in some areas you will need up to a 4 metre dish - 2.5 metre MINIMUM.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Yeti
Free member

Postby Charlie06 » Sun 8 Oct 2006 08:16 GMT

Hi there

We have ITV Partner. We get Eurosprts, the fashion channels, HBO films, Hallmark, AXN, Discovery channels, news channels and a few more.
I would be interested to know which channels you get with Bulstat.

Charlie
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Charlie06
Free member

How did you get the television services you get?

Postby mcclellandtanya » Mon 28 May 2007 15:09 GMT

I was interested to see you get quite a few channels out in Bulgaria, how did you get this service and do you know about sky TV can you purchase sky out there?

I know this does not really help you but you seem to know more than me!

Regards Joan
Posted by:
mcclellandtanya

tv in bg

Postby kay&pete » Fri 17 Oct 2008 20:31 GMT

hi, we have a house in bg which we purchased 3 years ago. we have recently subscribed to itv partner.we went into a mobile phone shop which sorted everything out for us. we paid around £100 for our first years subscription plus 50 lvs instalation. after the first year we just pay for the time we are there.we go around 3 times a year so just pay for that months payment in that same shop each time we go.the good thing about this you only pay when your there :!:
hope this helps
kay & pete
Posted by:
kay&pete
Free member

itv partner

Postby robbiemcd » Thu 5 Feb 2009 15:33 GMT

hi i am very intersted in your post - i am currently in bansko and would alos like to get itv partner - can you tell me where i can buy a card ?

what mobile phone company got you hooked up with itv partner

i only want the diema and diema 2 channels do you get these ?
Posted by:
robbiemcd

tv/satalite or cable

Postby danbrib » Wed 20 May 2009 15:45 GMT

hi all,were in sunny beach,does anyone know how to get english speaking tv.we have cable but its all in bulgarian.also are aircon needs re-gassed.has anybody heard of this,were can you get it fixed and roughly how much.cheers :? [/b]
Posted by:
danbrib

sky tv

Postby psnowden » Thu 25 Feb 2010 09:40 GMT

hi if you bring a sky box to bulgaria and have a 1.5m dish fitted you can get itv channel 4 channel 5 some film channals news channels and lots of radio channels but the box has to reprogram the sky box.
Posted by:
psnowden

sky box and dish

Postby comdis » Fri 5 Mar 2010 11:21 GMT

psnowden
i am taking my dish and box with me next week 11th march 2010 will it work if i retune it to the sky satilite ????
Posted by:
comdis
Free member

sky tv

Postby psnowden » Fri 2 Apr 2010 14:56 GMT

what size is your dish you are better with a 1.5m dish
Posted by:
psnowden

English Channels

Postby M1 » Thu 13 Jun 2013 13:25 GMT

Hi, We have looked in to this as we plan to live permaently in Varbeshnitsa, Bulgaria next year and the English channels available are not BBC, or ITV, as far as we are aware.

It would be interesting if anyone can let us know if Balstan does have BBC, and ITV.

To have a satelite dish for Sky it is rather a large dish, which is not realistic. There is another option with Sky if you have family in the UK. Whereby a box is installed in your families house which you can access remotely over the internet. However, this would cost approx £25 a month for their house to have an additional sky box that they do not use, otherwise you would be in control of what channels they wathced and visa versa with you.

I did see on the internet that BBC are looking at placing an ariel in Bulgaria for English people, this is possibly going to happen next year??

Alternatively, there are sites that you can go through via an American IP address to access channels. I am presently checking this out.

I hope this helps?
Posted by:
M1

Postby M1 » Thu 13 Jun 2013 13:35 GMT

Hi
Please could you explain to me how the box is reprogrammed? ALso, I thought I would need a larger dish than 1.5?

Many thanks
Posted by:
M1

Postby Am05jack » Fri 21 Jun 2013 18:15 GMT

So if I took my sky hd box out with me I could theoretically connect it to an existing dish as long as its bigger than 1.5m. Does sky run off a specific dish or can any bog standard one do the job? :)
Posted by:
Am05jack

Return to ICT and electrical