It is currently Thu 23 Nov 2017 09:34 GMT
Change font size

ICT and electrical

Broadband access

All about Internet service providers, cable and satellite TV, telephones, electrical goods, power supply...

Broadband access

Postby Dave » Fri 19 May 2006 12:56 GMT

Original posting by QuestBulgaria on 11 May 2006 in response to David+Lynz:

QuestBulgaria wrote:I know everyone is used to this in the UK but this can be hit and miss here in BG and is generally only available in the cities, and even then it does not work at full speed and can even disappear for a while. For the Black Sea Coast area (just inland) I do know that the village of Avren is one of the very few that has high speed connection and it is a lovely place too. If you wish I can put you in touch with someone near there.
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby David+Lynz » Thu 1 Jun 2006 14:50 GMT

Hi Dave,

Firstly thanks for all your efforts and kind assistance, this forum is a wealth of information. As I would be taking my UK job to BG a good quality + reliable telephone connection with broadband internet for video conferencing etc is a prerequisite so a referral of someone in Avren or similar area close to the coast would be greatly appreciated as I would prefer to centralize my property search within high speed internet areas.

Please allow me to return the favor so if you or any of the other moderators are missing any low cost items from the UK let me know and I will send you a parcel. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

David
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
David+Lynz
Free member

Postby Kay » Sat 3 Jun 2006 08:06 GMT

Thanks! It's great to be appreciated. :D

Normally we'd jump at the chance of having something sent to us but Dave's brother is planning a visit very soon so we've given him a shopping list of things to bring with him.

The best way to help us and BE is that if you're going to buy anything online then please do so using our links - we earn commission on sales. For example, if you want to upload photos then sign up to PhotoBox using our link (free to you and commission for us), if you want to transfer currency then please consider using our link to Currency UK (again, a better deal for you than the bank will give you, and commission for us), and so on. It's these commissions which keep us going.

Again thanks for the offer and for the opportunity to remind people that it helps us if they buy through BE. It's a rare treat to be appreciated too. :D
Kay's Blog - My blog about online business and earning money online.

Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

broadband in BG

Postby ANNAMALONES » Mon 3 Jul 2006 19:59 GMT

Hi

I too would like some info if anyone has any on the BB situation.

My partner and I plan to move there next summer, we both work from home using the net and require a decent BB connection (at least half meg).

Any info is absolutely great.

Thanks.
Posted by:
ANNAMALONES

Return to ICT and electrical