It is currently Sun 19 Nov 2017 02:59 GMT
Change font size

ICT and electrical

UK satellite TV

All about Internet service providers, cable and satellite TV, telephones, electrical goods, power supply...

Postby Martin Pickering » Mon 25 Oct 2004 07:54 GMT

I'm interested to know if anyone is receiving UK satellite TV from SKY. Dish size, LNB and receiver make/model? Which programmes can NOT be received?
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Martin Pickering
Free member

Satellite tv

Postby travelling scot » Sun 21 Nov 2004 09:32 GMT

I know that Irish pubs in Sofia show sky sports,but it's not available on the Black Sea coast.Perhaps try contacting the bars in Sofia if you are visiting,or send an email-i think locals here will be able to help as Premiership football is popular,and local commentary is a joke,with the commentator talking non-stop and no crowd noise.
I've heard of some new dish which doesn't have to be aligned,as it has a revolving "thingy" in the centre which picks up signals from anywhere-this was said by a Brit on holiday,so i cannot check the facts,but it sounds worth following up.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
travelling scot
Free member

Postby sarahjane » Thu 25 May 2006 08:13 GMT

Me and the fella found a sky sports bar (mexican type bar) in Sunny Beach where we watched the rugby recently, SUnny Beach unfotunatley coz we hate it there. They showed the Munster V Biarritz game. Hope that helps but I would like to get sky myself to watch the usual UK programmes. I have cable right now, you get Hallmark, Euronews, CNN and pay extra for HBO and PPV which are english movies.
Posted by:
sarahjane
Free member

Postby Yeti » Mon 24 Jul 2006 01:29 GMT

As I replied in my other post, it is possible to get Sky Digital on the Black Sea coast.

One of the fish/steak places in Golden Sands has Sky sports, with a 2.5 metre dish, as does the Chinese. The picture's flaky at best.

Sky's premium channels (sports & movies) are carried on a higher power transponder than the free ones (BBC & ITV etc.) - so require a smaller dish.

With a 2.5 metre dish and a really low noise LNB it is possible to get a viewable picture most of the time, but I've had recommendations of 4 metres for stable viewing of all sky tranmissions.
Posted by:
Yeti
Free member

Sky TV /Satellite/ British Programmes

Postby sarahjane » Wed 23 Aug 2006 16:05 GMT

After looking at the sky website for use over here, I discovered it was well exensive for the movies and sports package - somewhere near 50 quid a month and a yearly admin fee. So, if anyone has any suggestions about satellite dishes or cable which can transmit British programmes - please let me know. CKAT is a mare at times as it cuts out or scrambles when we're watching it and it occurs often enough to piss you off. We cant call them coz we dont speak the language and they dont speak english.

Does anyone know about live viewing on the web or downloading for onnecting to the TV?
Posted by:
sarahjane
Free member

Return to ICT and electrical