It is currently Thu 23 Nov 2017 09:30 GMT
Change font size

ICT and electrical

Electric supply

All about Internet service providers, cable and satellite TV, telephones, electrical goods, power supply...

Electric supply

Postby nephrotic » Wed 28 Nov 2007 08:59 GMT

Hi.
Is it cumbersome and awkward getting Electricity and phone switched over (billing) or is it better to pay an agent to do it?
Seems the cost will be about 50 euro for them to sort out all utilities. Is it 50 well spent?
Thanks
David
(V Tarnovo)
Posted by:
nephrotic

Postby Milen » Tue 11 Dec 2007 15:06 GMT

Hi David,
let me see if I got this right: you have bought a house (or apartment) and the Phone company and Electricity company still have records of the old owner of the house?

If this is the situation, the procedure is not so cumbersome: just submit an application (fill a blank form) to each of the above said companies stating that you are the new owner of the property and enclose a copy of the title deed. Then the companies will change their database records for your property.

It is good idea to ask a Bulgarian native speaker to help you with filling the applications.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Milen
Free member

Postby fido » Sat 29 Dec 2007 09:50 GMT

Paying bills if you are not living full time in Bulgaria does seem to be quite a headache as they don't do direct debit, internet banking or cheques. The only way seems to be for someone to go into an office and hand over some cash. I have been quoted £30/month for this service which is probably more than the cost of the utilities themselves. I've wondered if you are allowed to make payments in advance, so you could initially make a payment that should keep you in credit for a year or 2 then top that up when you are over there.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
fido
Free member

Postby Milen » Wed 2 Jan 2008 14:07 GMT

fido,

it is possible to pay your electricity and water supply via the Internet. Let me explain how to do it.

First you have to aquire a debit/credit card from a Bulgarian bank. Then you have to register the card in epay.bg - an internet payment system. After doing the latter, you have to submit to epay.bg your ID numbers, assigned to you by the Electricity company and the Water supply comany. You can find these IDs on each of the invoices which you receive after cash payment.

Then each month a notice for due bills will arrive in your epay.bg account and you will be able to pay via the Internet.
Posted by:
Milen
Free member

Return to ICT and electrical