It is currently Thu 23 Nov 2017 09:35 GMT
Change font size

ICT and electrical

Electric Bills - Is there a simpler way?!

All about Internet service providers, cable and satellite TV, telephones, electrical goods, power supply...

Electric Bills - Is there a simpler way?!

Postby jimmym » Wed 9 Jun 2010 15:52 GMT

I have an apartment in Sunny Beach that due to being unfurnished hasn't been used since it was completed a couple of years ago. I have an elecrticty account (a small red card?) but have never paid a penny.

I still have electricty in the apartment when I test the lights etc. but assume I am still connected as the amount I have used must be highly minimal, i.e. a couple of lights on literally for minutes over the last couple of years.

The problem is that it is now furnished and in my last trip I have used a bit more electircity. I went to the Post Office to try and pay some money but she said the total was zero and wouldn't let me pay anything to 'credit' the account.

So my questions are:

When do I actually get billed for the electricty used?

And is there any way I can credit my account so there's enough money there to cover future bills because now I'm worried that a trip back next week is going to be an apartment that has been cut off from electricty due to non-payment.

Any advice?
Posted by:
jimmym

Electric Bills

Postby thegudlife » Thu 10 Jun 2010 16:56 GMT

Do you have a BG bank account, because I pay my electric through OOB Bank, my electric company accepts standing order just like the UK. If not you may want to speak to the electricity company, rather than the post office.

Regards
Dominic
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
thegudlife
Free member

Postby jimmym » Thu 10 Jun 2010 18:01 GMT

I do have a Bg bank account.....Somewhere! It was set up on my behalf years ago when I first purchased so that may be what I have to do but is there no way I can just pay a lump sum that keeps me ticking over? The post office local to me doesn't seem to accept it but I'm wondering it maybe somewhere else would?
Posted by:
jimmym

Return to ICT and electrical