It is currently Sat 21 Oct 2017 15:59 GMT
Change font size

Bulgaria - Other

English Speaking Churches

Post here only if your question doesn't belong anywhere else. Don't post loads of questions all in one message - that would defeat the point of the forums and such posts will be deleted (don't feel embarrassed if you have 5 or 6 questions - you're welcome to ask them in separate posts in the appropriate place). (NB - if you want to post about something not Bulgaria-specific, then use the main British Expat Forum.)

English Speaking Churches

Postby brpn » Sun 7 Sep 2008 12:59 GMT

Just out of interest does anyone know of an english speaking church, or church group, in the Elena/ Veliko Tarnovo areas?
Posted by:
brpn

Postby brpn » Fri 26 Sep 2008 14:09 GMT

i guess that's a no then :-)
Posted by:
brpn

English speaking churches

Postby Mirvam » Wed 1 Oct 2008 19:18 GMT

In Razgrad there are 3 of us that speak English who meet for fellowship.
It's a bit far from you but you can visit us sometime maybe!!
Posted by:
Mirvam

Postby philcho » Sun 5 Apr 2009 17:41 GMT

hi
its a long wait you've had to get a reply to your question.

You might like to know that the 2nd Baptist Church in Varna now has monthly, English Language services.

A small group of us from Varna and Blachik area have just started to offer an English service on the last Sunday of every month at 2pm. Time for meeting/sharing afterwards. I know that Razgrad is a long way, but it would be good to establish contact and see what we can do. We also meet Tuesdays at 12 am for Bible Study and fellowship.

The Pastor at the Church, Georgi Todorov is married to an English woman and he speaks good English.

Please contact me.
Best wishes
Phil
Posted by:
philcho

English speaking churches

Postby Mirvam » Sun 5 Apr 2009 18:19 GMT

Hi Phil,

Good to know you are there and that we have some communication.
Thanks for the information about the services in Varna.
It's good to hear!
Where in the Uk are you from?
We're originally from Coventry but have been here two years now.
We don't often make it to Varna but would love to have a coffee with you when we next come.
We have a car but don't know ourway around Varna.
Are you anywhere near Praktiker or the like?

I've searched thsi site trying to send a 'private mesage' but it doesn't
seem to let me do this despite my being signed in as a member.
Any ideas?
Anyway...don't pass our way without calling us on us either.
Be great to meet up.

]
Posted by:
Mirvam

Postby Kay » Mon 6 Apr 2009 13:54 GMT

I've searched thsi site trying to send a 'private mesage' but it doesn't
seem to let me do this despite my being signed in as a member.

The answer to this question - and most other answers to questions about how this forum works - are all in the IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING board at the top.
Kay's Blog - My blog about online business and earning money online.

Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby scubaman123 » Sun 21 Nov 2010 19:25 GMT

hI brpn, I know your posting is now over 2 years old. I have just registered on this forum.

I live near Veliko several months of the year( winter time), and would be interested to learn if you had not success with locating any English
speaking churches in around this area.
As a coincidence, several years ago while i was waiting in a queue at a telephone place,in Veliko ,I was about to give off to a guy whom I thought was about to jump the the queue. It was a misunderstanding,and after apologising he explained to me that he was a Methodist Minister.( i was embarrassed) He was Bulgarian, but I never asked him where his church was, I had assumed that it was not too far from Veliko, but could be wrong :roll:
Posted by:
scubaman123

English speaking churches near veliko turnovo

Postby rua » Wed 22 Feb 2012 12:04 GMT

hi, i know this is an old posting but for those of you who are interested there is a Methodist church in Sevlievo with an English Speaking Minister called Margarita, she already has some english attend services and is very welcoming to more english joining her for services, bible studies group as well as bulgarian lessons. i do not know the address but the church number is 067530093. Margarita studied at theology college in England so is extremely well versed not only in our language but our humour and exentricities. Hopefully this will prove useful to those seeking services
Posted by:
rua

Return to Bulgaria - Other