It is currently Fri 15 Dec 2017 00:49 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Belgium – Quick Quiz
    Belgium's one of the United Kingdom's closest neighbours. But how much do you know about it beyond beer, chocolates and the EU? Take our quiz and find out!

Bulgaria - Other

Status of golf couse in Kableshkovo (near Sunny Beach)

Post here only if your question doesn't belong anywhere else. Don't post loads of questions all in one message - that would defeat the point of the forums and such posts will be deleted (don't feel embarrassed if you have 5 or 6 questions - you're welcome to ask them in separate posts in the appropriate place). (NB - if you want to post about something not Bulgaria-specific, then use the main British Expat Forum.)

Status of golf couse in Kableshkovo (near Sunny Beach)

Postby brian.love » Fri 24 Oct 2008 16:28 GMT

Hi

Newbie post!

Just about complete on a new apartment near Sunny Beach and trying to find out the exact status of a proposed new golf course around Kableshkovo. Searching on google, lots of mentions by property agents (obviously to attract buyers!) but cannot find if building it has actually started!!

Any help would be appreciated.
Posted by:
brian.love

Postby Vasko » Sun 26 Oct 2008 17:46 GMT

It has not started yet and I dont think it will soon start.Actually,there is hardly any transparency regarding this project and most important thing is that I think there is still an ongoing legal dispute regarding the land acquisition between the investor offshore company and the local council,the latter was supposed to be a minority shareholder.
Now with the global credit crunch,you can answer yourself with 100% certainty that this project at best will be delayed for many years ahead,and I hardly doubt it will be implemented according to the original grand designs and the same location.
Posted by:
Vasko

Golf

Postby scotcouple » Tue 28 Oct 2008 09:07 GMT

Yes like Vasko I too have my doubts about this but who knows.
Have a look at Novinite its a online newspaper linked to the sofia echo i think. and enter golf in the search box it tells you of corses being planned etc. Also Bulgaria apperently has held the Mercedes-Benz Open tournament now not being a golfer i don't know who took part or anything.
Can't imagine Tiger Woods did though.
Jeanette
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
scotcouple
Free member

Return to Bulgaria - Other