It is currently Fri 26 Apr 2019 00:37 GMT
Change font size

Bulgaria - Other

Where are the decent SHOPS in Sunny Beach!!

Post here only if your question doesn't belong anywhere else. Don't post loads of questions all in one message - that would defeat the point of the forums and such posts will be deleted (don't feel embarrassed if you have 5 or 6 questions - you're welcome to ask them in separate posts in the appropriate place). (NB - if you want to post about something not Bulgaria-specific, then use the main British Expat Forum.)

Where are the decent SHOPS in Sunny Beach!!

Postby jimmym » Wed 9 Jun 2010 16:12 GMT

I have an apartment in Sunny Beach which is finally furnished but which I want to 'spruce up' with a few bits and peices, namely some nice pictures etc.

I have struggled so much just finding nice things like vases etc. Nice contempary stuff I can find in the likes of Homebase easily here and very cheaply seem to be practically impossible in Sunny Beach where everyone is selling touristy rubbish.

The only minor joy I've had is with the larger furniture stores and the likes of MasterHaus but even then I have found it impossible to find things as simple as a nice clock or nice wall picture.

Any suggestions or ideas?
Posted by:
jimmym

hi

Postby Deeoz07 » Sun 13 Jun 2010 15:10 GMT

unfortunately, we had the same problem, and ended up bringing bits and bobs across in a suitcase every time we went to BG, or drive across once a year with the bigger stuff
Posted by:
Deeoz07

Postby jimmym » Tue 22 Jun 2010 00:12 GMT

Thanks for the reply. Looks like I'll be suitcasing the stuff over bit by bit too!

How long does the drive take and is it reasonably simple?
Posted by:
jimmym

Driving

Postby thegudlife » Tue 22 Jun 2010 15:48 GMT

Hi,

I drove across, it took about 2 and half days of solid driving, we came through Romania, but I would not recommend that as the roads are worse than in BG. Also Serbia has made it a bit easier to transit through recently. I have also had my motorbike delivered over. The total cost of which was only £400, so if you have a trailer load of stuff to bring across you might want to get some else to do the driving. As the cost in fuel there and back is probably that much if not more.

Hope this helps

Dominic
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
thegudlife
Free member

Postby Trev » Tue 22 Jun 2010 16:36 GMT

jimmym wrote:Thanks for the reply. Looks like I'll be suitcasing the stuff over bit by bit too!

How long does the drive take and is it reasonably simple?

What is wrong with a quick drive up the coast to Varna?

Loads of shops, in the centre and the outskirts, selling all the things you will ever want to finish furnishing your apartment. There are also 3 or 4 malls with quite a few shops in them.
Trev & Vania - Varna - Bulgaria

http://www.tcinbg.net
Posted by:
Trev
Supporter

Return to Bulgaria - Other