It is currently Sat 16 Feb 2019 11:04 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Laos – Quick Quiz
    Historic "Land of a Million Elephants" and target of more tons of bomb per head than any other country ever, Laos has seen a lot in its time. What do you know about it?

Bulgaria - Other

Registration of gas (blank) pistol

Post here only if your question doesn't belong anywhere else. Don't post loads of questions all in one message - that would defeat the point of the forums and such posts will be deleted (don't feel embarrassed if you have 5 or 6 questions - you're welcome to ask them in separate posts in the appropriate place). (NB - if you want to post about something not Bulgaria-specific, then use the main British Expat Forum.)

Registration of gas (blank) pistol

Postby jghbrown » Fri 12 Aug 2011 13:32 GMT

Hi

Some months ago I bought a blank-firing pistol as I do a lot of walking in the forests where I live. I was told by a Bulgarian that there is a requirement to register this pistol (at the moment I only have the seller's certificate) by the end of September 2011. I have paid the tax for doing this, but so far I have been passed from one police station to another. At the last one I tried it seemed (from my very limited Bulgarian) that because I was a foreigner it was not possible to do it without an enormous amount of admin. Does anyone have any knowledge about this registration process as I would like to keep on the right side of the police? Any info gratefully received.

James
Posted by:
jghbrown

Postby msirakov » Wed 14 Sep 2011 06:48 GMT

Hello James,
I am just about to return my pistol in the police to be destroyed because i`ve had it for about 10 years and just collecting dust. So when i go there i will ask what is the situation with people who are not native and will let you know

Greetings

Marin
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
msirakov
Free member

Postby Trev » Tue 15 Nov 2011 15:00 GMT

Marin,

Did you get a reply to this?
Trev & Vania - Varna - Bulgaria

http://www.tcinbg.net
Posted by:
Trev
Supporter

Postby msirakov » Tue 15 Nov 2011 15:08 GMT

Yes as i returned mine for destruction the policeman explained that there is a declaration to be filled and that should be enough. He did not seem pretty sure though, and by the way it is not the police that you go to, it is a KOS in Bulgarian, something like weapon control service.

regards
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
msirakov
Free member

Postby Trev » Tue 15 Nov 2011 16:08 GMT

Thanks for the reply Marin.
Trev & Vania - Varna - Bulgaria

http://www.tcinbg.net
Posted by:
Trev
Supporter

Postby msirakov » Tue 15 Nov 2011 16:31 GMT

You are welcome!
Posted by:
msirakov
Free member

Return to Bulgaria - Other