It is currently Thu 18 Jan 2018 23:29 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Happy New Year!
    Kay and Dave wish all our British Expat readers a happy, healthy and prosperous 2018!

Bulgaria - Jumble Sale

Heading for Varna

This forum is for all the jumbled up info about Bulgaria. We've asked that, on the info forums, you please post on the relevant forums, start new threads for new topics, and please keep on topic. Otherwise the info is too hard too find for those coming after, and the already overworked Mods end up having to repeatedly answer the same questions. (If your posting is locked in here, please feel free to post again in the appropriate place.)

Heading for Varna

Postby bulbtime » Fri 6 Dec 2013 11:43 GMT

Many years ago I drove from the UK across, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria and Italy but this time I want to drive to Bulgaria, and end up in Varna.

With a UK passport and driving licence is there any reason I cannot do this?
Do I need an international driving permit?

From reading the money matters section it appears the best place to change my pounds are in a bank and not the exchange booths.

I would like to stay there as a tourist for about 5 months, am I able to do this without having to apply for a permit?
Posted by:
bulbtime

Postby Dave » Sat 7 Dec 2013 03:35 GMT

Hi, bulbtime, and welcome.

You've asked several questions there, but unfortunately the Choosing Where to Live board isn't the right one for any of them! The driving question belongs on the Driving in Bulgaria board, discussion about exchange belongs on the Money Matters board (as you've identified) and the question about staying as a tourist belongs on the Residency and Immigration board.

Please feel free to ask your questions again on the appropriate boards. Meanwhile, I'm shifting this topic to the Jumble Sale.
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Bulgaria - Jumble Sale