It is currently Fri 15 Nov 2019 07:47 GMT
Change font size

Making the most of the Internet

Facebook/Firefox shift left & clip

Here's where to discuss things such as how to deal with Spam, how to protect yourself from net nasties, and other Internet-related issues.

Facebook/Firefox shift left & clip

Postby ruggie » Wed 13 Jul 2011 10:05 GMT

Something's happening to Facebook when I access it from Firefox, but it works fine in IE.

Just after loading, it appears to shift the content left in the window and then clip the left margin to fit (I can't zoom in on pics in photo galleries - about 70% of the left side gets clipped, and I lose most of the content of comments). Looks a bit like a CSS interpretation problem, and it has gone away of its own accord once but returned later. Has anyone else suffered this? I'm on latest levels of Windows 7 and Firefox.
Whether you live in France, or just find the country interesting http://www.franceforfreebooters.com/201 ... nts-up-50/
Posted by:
ruggie
Supporter

Postby Dave » Wed 13 Jul 2011 12:49 GMT

No problems in Firefox with Linux Mint, Ruggie. :?
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby ruggie » Sat 16 Jul 2011 10:41 GMT

I'm sure there's something corrupted on my PC, but don't want to reinstall FF yet again for the moment. I can get round the problem by opening another instance of FB in a new tab and closing the bad one. I'll hazard a guess that the latest FF update is having an argument with one of my plugins...
Whether you live in France, or just find the country interesting http://www.franceforfreebooters.com/201 ... nts-up-50/
Posted by:
ruggie
Supporter

Postby Dave » Sat 16 Jul 2011 17:21 GMT

If that's the case, my money would be on it being a duff plugin. We're not great plugin users - they tend to snarl things up in unexpected ways - and I can think of at least a couple of instances where we've installed plugins for Kay (add-ins for paid-for services) that have turned out to be problematic.
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Making the most of the Internet