It is currently Sun 21 Jul 2019 17:23 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about New Zealand – Quick Quiz
    New Zealand has its own distinct character which places it out on its own in more than a geographical sense. How much do you know about these fascinating islands?

Sports

Rugby WC

Here's a forum to talk about sports. Enjoy!

Rugby WC

Postby Rich » Fri 31 Oct 2003 14:07 GMT

Ok, hate to say it, but let's be realistic.

After struggling through 3 games and amazingly winning them all (no idea how), how many points do you think we (Wales) are going to loose by against NZ, and then in the knockout stages against England?

I reckon if we conceed under 120 in both matches combined, we've probably done better than expected!

And who's going to win? I think NZ to beat Oz in final, with England/France the loosing semi's - one very close, the other by a surprisingly large margin (not sure which).
The light at the end of the tunnel has been extinguished due to management cutbacks.

www.britishexpat.com - News, humour and information for Brits worldwide!

Hmmmm. Needs more rope
Posted by:
Rich
Supporter

Location: Sweden based, but travel alot so your guess is as good as mine, answers on a postcard to the HOF...

Postby Dave » Fri 31 Oct 2003 17:14 GMT

Hmmm. I'm no expert, and possibly a bit over-optimistic, but I reckon Ireland might turn the French over in the quarter-finals. England in the semis is a bit tougher. :(
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Slartybartfast » Sun 2 Nov 2003 11:01 GMT

I just turned on my TV and joined the New Zealand - Wales game. I thought I'd entered the Twilight Zone! Wales are winning 37 - 33 after 56 minutes. Can this be true or have I been transferred to a parallel universe?
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Slartybartfast
Free member

Postby Slartybartfast » Sun 2 Nov 2003 11:31 GMT

Final score 53- 37, NZ. Reality returns. For a moment or there, I thought Wales were going to win. But I've not been well lately.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Slartybartfast
Free member

Postby Rich » Sun 2 Nov 2003 14:02 GMT

Wales are winning 37 - 33 after 56 minutes

You've no idea what i would have given for the final whistle to go just then! Having said that, it's very impressive bearing in mind we didn't excatly put out a first XV, so perhaps that's the secret to beat England. Play the reserves etc. who will really be up for it and have nothing to loose. At least we may stand a sporting chance.
The light at the end of the tunnel has been extinguished due to management cutbacks.

Hmmmm. Needs more rope
Posted by:
Rich
Supporter

Location: Sweden based, but travel alot so your guess is as good as mine, answers on a postcard to the HOF...

Postby Terry » Mon 3 Nov 2003 13:21 GMT

The boys did good! I really enjoyed the game and and also the whinging of the Kiwi fans that were in the pub.

The Ireland game on Saturday was also brilliant although to my surprise the Aussies in the bar didn't whinge anywhere near as much as the Kiwis.

I'm looking forward to a veritable feast of televised sport next weekend starting off on Friday night when the mighty Hatters take on the footballing giants Thurrock! Then it's back in the pub for 08:30 on Saturday for the rugby, my internal organs are hurting just thinking about the Kölsch onslaught they face!
Posted by:
Terry
Free member

Postby Rich » Sat 8 Nov 2003 17:12 GMT

I'm looking forward to a veritable feast of televised sport next weekend starting off on Friday night when the mighty Hatters take on the footballing giants Thurrock!

Admittedly I haven't seen anything of the game, but that wasn't really in the script for the mighty Luton was it? Did Thurrock deserve it or should your boys have won

Hmmmm. Needs more rope
Posted by:
Rich
Supporter

Postby Terry » Tue 11 Nov 2003 09:30 GMT

Luton were crap! They could well have lost but an ex-Luton player who is now at Thurrock missed 3 one on ones with the keeper.

Unfortunately the trauma didn't do much for my plans to watch the rugby the next day, we carried on drinking all night and then fifteen minutes before kick off I decided I couldn't take any more and had to wimp off home!

I thought Wales did very well again on Sunday though and after the way the French went past Ireland with ease I think it is a bit of a scarey prospect for England next week.
Posted by:
Terry
Free member

Return to Sports