It is currently Mon 15 Jul 2019 23:02 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about New Zealand – Quick Quiz
    New Zealand has its own distinct character which places it out on its own in more than a geographical sense. How much do you know about these fascinating islands?

Sports

6 nations rugby. Who's going to win

Here's a forum to talk about sports. Enjoy!

Who's going to win the 6 nations rugby in 2004?

Scotland
25%
Australia
No votes
Wales
No votes
USA
No votes
Ireland
25%
Rupert Murdock
No votes
Manchester United
No votes
Some random continental European team
No votes
England
50%

Total votes : 4

6 nations rugby. Who's going to win

Postby Rich » Tue 10 Feb 2004 18:32 GMT

It's that time of year when most of us get ready for record drubbings and the exciting fight for the wooden spoon. So who's going to win and why (and if everybody says England i'm deleting this thread)
The light at the end of the tunnel has been extinguished due to management cutbacks.

www.britishexpat.com - News, humour and information for Brits worldwide!

Hmmmm. Needs more rope
Posted by:
Rich
Supporter

Location: Sweden based, but travel alot so your guess is as good as mine, answers on a postcard to the HOF...

Postby nooranismith » Fri 5 Mar 2004 05:16 GMT

Scotland, obviously. Or at least not last. At least if we can beat the Italians who are last at the moment. Maybe we'll finish last. Ah well, we have fun trying - or at least fun without much trying.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
nooranismith
Free member

Postby nooranismith » Sun 7 Mar 2004 08:41 GMT

My vote is still for Scotland, but I have to admit it's starting to look less likely!
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
nooranismith
Free member

Postby Rich » Tue 9 Mar 2004 17:33 GMT

I hate to say it, but the Italian victory wasn't even really a shock to me. Scotland just don't have the payers now. Give it 5 years though, and there's a few decent youngsters coming though who will have more experience and may become competive again.

At least you know where you stand. We're still deludding ourselves that we are getting back to the top level, all on the basis of a few reasonable performances in defeat
The light at the end of the tunnel has been extinguished due to management cutbacks.

Hmmmm. Needs more rope
Posted by:
Rich
Supporter

Location: Sweden based, but travel alot so your guess is as good as mine, answers on a postcard to the HOF...

Postby Mike » Fri 12 Mar 2004 23:49 GMT

If Spud the Piper hadn't been seduced by Madge, he'd have been heralding a well-deserved Scottish wooden spoon.

Now if Rab Douglas had been converted from the round one to the pointy one, who knows . . .

Mike

(Sometimes I'm accused of being too obscure, so if you've never heard of Spud, post accordingly, and I'll illuminate. If you've never heard of Rab Douglas, you're ahead of your time :twisted: )
Glaikit. Bit nae sae glaikit as a gollach wi a blin ee.
Posted by:
Mike
Supporter

Postby Rich » Sat 13 Mar 2004 14:20 GMT

Took me long enough to try and put 2 and 2 together, but think i'm almsot there - wasn't spud the piper the guy who turned his back on the SRFC to play at Madonna/Guy's wedding?

Mike - I know who Rab Douglas is, and he proved well enough last week that he knows how to fight, but i admit to not understanding the "you're ahead of your time" quip. It's probably because i'm stupid and asleep though !

Hmmmm. Needs more rope
Posted by:
Rich
Supporter

Return to Sports