It is currently Mon 22 Jul 2019 16:27 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about New Zealand – Quick Quiz
    New Zealand has its own distinct character which places it out on its own in more than a geographical sense. How much do you know about these fascinating islands?

Sports

Calling all Arsenal Fans in Canada !!!

Here's a forum to talk about sports. Enjoy!

Calling all Arsenal Fans in Canada !!!

Postby leoville » Sun 18 Apr 2004 21:23 GMT

Fellow gunners,

What are your thoughts on the season so far, the games we lost, the ones we won, the best game so far, and where we do we go from here?

Whereabout are you in Canada, do you see the games, your thoughts on the upcoming games against tottenham and the others?
Last edited by leoville on Tue 4 May 2004 17:27 GMT, edited 1 time in total.
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
leoville

Postby Graeme » Sun 18 Apr 2004 23:50 GMT

Hi Leoville:
I'm a Magpie supporter (Newcastle United for the uninitiated) and as such I can't support your Arsenal felicitations. I live in BC Canada and get to see a couple of games a week on the sports network, usually not the gunners or the magpies :( Nice to see you writing here though. Are Arsenal involved in any post season play, any cup stuff?
Regards.
:)
Graeme
Hungry for magazines from Britain? Visit the main web site at http://www.britishexpat.com and satisfy that craving!
Posted by:
Graeme
Site Admin

Postby leoville » Mon 19 Apr 2004 00:00 GMT

Graeme wrote:Hi Leoville:
I'm a Magpie supporter (Newcastle United for the uninitiated) and as such I can't support your Arsenal felicitations. I live in BC Canada and get to see a couple of games a week on the sports network, usually not the gunners or the magpies :( Nice to see you writing here though. Are Arsenal involved in any post season play, any cup stuff?
Regards.
:)
Graeme

Hey,

I'll take the magpies anyday, than the scums :D I get to see 2 game usually on saturday on sport central here in Ontario, and there is the occassional midweek game. There is also the italian games, i was watching parma vs juve this afternoon.

I don't know about any post season play, but i know celtic are playing roma in toronto soon. wey hey man
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
leoville

Postby Rich » Mon 19 Apr 2004 06:28 GMT

Hey Leoville,

Not a gunner, but from my point of view Pires's blatant cheating against us in the autumn (i'm a Pompey man) is the only reason your still unbeaten!! Just praying hard that we can get revenge next week, but with Henry on such a streak, i doubt it.

As to where you go from here, i'm not sure. Do you think that just the title is a good return on the season? Personally i don't think so - you should have got further in at least one of the cups, possibly all 3.
The light at the end of the tunnel has been extinguished due to management cutbacks.

www.britishexpat.com - News, humour and information for Brits worldwide!

Hmmmm. Needs more rope
Posted by:
Rich
Supporter

Location: Sweden based, but travel alot so your guess is as good as mine, answers on a postcard to the HOF...

Postby leoville » Wed 21 Apr 2004 23:14 GMT

Current seasons results/fixtures

Sat 24 Apr Tottenham Hotspur A League 15:00
Sat 01 May Birmingham City H League 15:00
Sat 08 May Fulham A League 15:00
Sat 15 May Leicester City H League 15:00
Last edited by leoville on Thu 22 Apr 2004 16:31 GMT, edited 1 time in total.
Posted by:
leoville

Postby Rich » Thu 22 Apr 2004 16:14 GMT

Not forgetting:

Tue May 4th Portsmouth v Arsenal League 20:00
The light at the end of the tunnel has been extinguished due to management cutbacks.

www.britishexpat.com - News, humour and information for Brits worldwide!

Hmmmm. Needs more rope
Posted by:
Rich
Supporter

Location: Sweden based, but travel alot so your guess is as good as mine, answers on a postcard to the HOF...

Postby leoville » Wed 28 Apr 2004 14:11 GMT

You must admit they done well, four games to go and title in the bag already, sweeeeeeeet. Man who?

The EPL title champions are

HERE
Posted by:
leoville

Return to Sports