It is currently Mon 18 Nov 2019 14:06 GMT
Change font size

Sports

Johnny's advice to Beckham

Here's a forum to talk about sports. Enjoy!

Johnny's advice to Beckham

Postby Squiffy » Sat 26 Jun 2004 15:22 GMT

www.lauriem.plus.com/ball_bar.jpg

Now we know why...........................!
Squiffy - Laugh for MS - : http://www.shof.msrcsites.co.uk/
Posted by:
Squiffy
Supporter

Postby leoville » Sat 26 Jun 2004 16:28 GMT

Even if Becks didn't miss the pen, I don't think we will have gone on to win. It's hi-time people get off his back, as an arsenal fan myself, that hated it when he was at man u, even though he was a london lad, I'll say it's more jealousy than anything else for most people that like to knock him :roll:
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
leoville

Postby Dave » Sat 26 Jun 2004 18:51 GMT

Given leoville's posting, I thought there was a discussion in this, so I've copied it to the Sports board. :wink:
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby herc2ules » Mon 28 Jun 2004 08:24 GMT

Well you gotta blame someone and it might as well be the guy who missed the penalty! :roll:

To be honest, I don't think some of the press reaction to Beck's has been fair but you have to admit, he was crap. All throughout the tourny he was so poor and looked out of sorts. But, he wasn't the only one, I personally thought Owen, Lampard, Gerrard, Scholes and James were all a steaming pile of doggy poo. Typically these are some of my favourite players. Even more ironic, players I am less keen on, I thought were class! Cole, Neville, Campbell and of course Rooney.

At the end of the day the whole performance was woeful and the display against Portugal was sad. Bringing on Neville for Scholes - hardly one for one. If we hadn't scored that goal after 3 mins maybe it would be a different result as we wouldn't be trying to defend for 87 minutes....
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
herc2ules
Free member

Postby spainboy » Tue 29 Jun 2004 20:11 GMT

It's hi-time people get off his back,

Well said leoville.

He can take 2 players with him without the ball.
And to be picked for most games at Real with the players they had sitting on the subs bench is no bad thing.
ANYWAY THIS IS WHY ENGLAND LOST :lol:
http://www.lanzarotevillage.info/goeff_pics/ref2.jpg
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
spainboy
Free member

Postby Dave » Thu 8 Jul 2004 19:17 GMT

Regardless of whether or not Sol Campbell's "goal" should have counted (and I for one reckon it shouldn't, much though I wish it had - the keeper was clearly held down) I think the treatment of Urs Meier by the UK tabloids - or rather the Sun and the Daily Mail and their readers - has been pretty despicable. Spainboy's pic is funny; inciting morons to phone someone and abuse them isn't.

The English as a nation used to have a reputation of being sporting - in defeat as well as victory. It's a pity some of us have lost that.
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Sports