It is currently Sun 21 Jul 2019 16:58 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about New Zealand – Quick Quiz
    New Zealand has its own distinct character which places it out on its own in more than a geographical sense. How much do you know about these fascinating islands?

Sports

radio 5 listening

Here's a forum to talk about sports. Enjoy!

radio 5 listening

Postby charliezito » Thu 30 Sep 2004 18:43 GMT

How can I get round the radio 5 block on non-UK listeners listening to their sports broadcast. Presumably they only have the rights for UK broadcast and they can tell where I am from my IP. I have tried going through a proxy server and it doesn't work. Any bright ideas?
Many thanks,
Charlie
Posted by:
charliezito

Postby leoville » Thu 30 Sep 2004 19:28 GMT

Welcome to the forum sir, will love to help, but I'll have to pass on this, as it might not conform to the ways of this forum. If you must catch results though, here is a place to catch the scores live as they come in:

www7.soccerstand.com

Cheers
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
leoville

Postby spainboy » Thu 30 Sep 2004 21:49 GMT

No can do :cry: :cry:
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
spainboy
Free member

Postby charliezito » Fri 1 Oct 2004 07:46 GMT

Thanks for your replies - but are you saying that it is impossible, or that it is possible but naughty?
C
Posted by:
charliezito

Postby spainboy » Fri 1 Oct 2004 08:22 GMT

charliezito wrote:Thanks for your replies - but are you saying that it is impossible, or that it is possible but naughty?
C

I don't think you can do it :cry: :(
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
spainboy
Free member

Postby herc2ules » Fri 1 Oct 2004 15:49 GMT

I was under the impression that they just don't offer broadcasting via the web for those games. I don't think they use IP or anything as this would be difficult and likely result in errors.

I know how you feel. I have been frustrated in the past when games are on 5live but not availabel on the web. As a Liverpool fan I now pay the £4 a month to listen to all the matches that way - but only gets me the pool games. :?
Posted by:
herc2ules
Free member

Postby Rich » Mon 4 Oct 2004 16:43 GMT

I was under the impression that they just don't offer broadcasting via the web for those games.

I thought that as well.

Depends what your actually looking for, but there are a few places you can generally get certain games online, although normally only on free trial basis (but not one which logs your IP)
The light at the end of the tunnel has been extinguished due to management cutbacks.

www.britishexpat.com - News, humour and information for Brits worldwide!

Hmmmm. Needs more rope
Posted by:
Rich
Supporter

Location: Sweden based, but travel alot so your guess is as good as mine, answers on a postcard to the HOF...

Postby cellardoor » Sun 10 Oct 2004 20:13 GMT

Hi, have you seen soccerstreams ? They do streams of live football using media player or realplayer. Can't verify how good it is though, sorry. ohhh I see they've started to charge £1 a season.
Posted by:
cellardoor
Free member

Postby spainboy » Sun 10 Oct 2004 21:47 GMT

cellardoor wrote:Hi, have you seen soccerstreams ? They do streams of live football using media player or realplayer. Can't verify how good it is though, sorry. ohhh I see they've started to charge £1 a season.

Hola cellardoor, nice idea but i cant get it to play :cry:
Posted by:
spainboy
Free member

Postby cellardoor » Mon 11 Oct 2004 12:05 GMT

How come spainboy, are you behind a corporate firewall or something?
Posted by:
cellardoor
Free member

Return to Sports