It is currently Mon 19 Aug 2019 16:07 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five pub quiz questions – Quick Quiz
    As a change from our usual helping of country-related trivia, here's a tasty selection of five "pub quiz" type general knowledge questions. Have a go!

Sports

Sumo wrestling

Here's a forum to talk about sports. Enjoy!

Sumo wrestling

Postby Kay » Fri 25 Mar 2005 12:14 GMT

Any fans?

I quite enjoy it on the very rare occasions I ever see it. But here's an amusing thing...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4379851.stm
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby ruggie » Sat 26 Mar 2005 17:45 GMT

Oh, dear. So even the Japanese younger generation is awash in western culture. I never thought of the awashi as being small - just sumo wrestlers being big... And to think that in the early 60's I used to wear swimming trunks (bought in Carnaby street) that resembled the bottom half of a small bikini. Anyway, lycra cycling/sprinting shorts are totally shape-revealing....
Whether you live in France, or just find the country interesting http://www.franceforfreebooters.com/201 ... nts-up-50/
Posted by:
ruggie
Supporter

Postby justajester » Sat 26 Mar 2005 19:03 GMT

This shows my lack of culture and class I suppose, but I've never liked looking at those big bums. If I look in the mirror in my bathroom there is one that looks as bad... :oops:
Amor animi arbitrio sumitur, non punitor
Posted by:
justajester
Supporter

Postby Dave » Sun 27 Mar 2005 03:23 GMT

It was compulsory (and indeed compulsive) viewing in the late '80s on Channel 4. Commentary was by everyone's favourite Mr Shouty, Brian Blessed. :D
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby HesitationKills » Tue 5 Apr 2005 08:05 GMT

Ah good old channel 4. They also brought us televised Kabbadi around the same time.

Happy days
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
HesitationKills
Free member

Return to Sports