It is currently Mon 22 Jul 2019 06:29 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about New Zealand – Quick Quiz
    New Zealand has its own distinct character which places it out on its own in more than a geographical sense. How much do you know about these fascinating islands?

Sports

Malcolm Glazer

Here's a forum to talk about sports. Enjoy!

Malcolm Glazer

Postby Dave » Fri 13 May 2005 11:02 GMT

Just wondering how the die-hard Man U fans (are you out there, Tim?) felt about the takeover.

Here's a pictorial taster of how some of them (and other interested parties) feel:

Guardian Football: The Malcolm Glazer Gallery

Love him (eh?) or hate him, you gotta laugh, aintcha?
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby spainboy » Fri 13 May 2005 13:51 GMT

I for one wish he hadn't ,but only because of the unknown. There is always a lot of noise when a club gets a new owner,remember when ken bates got his hands on Chelsea and now look at 'em! Howeveri do feel in the long run it will bad for MUFC
:(
Last edited by spainboy on Fri 13 May 2005 16:45 GMT, edited 1 time in total.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
spainboy
Free member

Postby Rich » Fri 13 May 2005 15:28 GMT

you gotta laugh, aintcha?

Heck yes, and as a non man U person (excepting this weekend against scumpton), i hope it all goes horribly wrong
The light at the end of the tunnel has been extinguished due to management cutbacks.

www.britishexpat.com - News, humour and information for Brits worldwide!

Hmmmm. Needs more rope
Posted by:
Rich
Supporter

Location: Sweden based, but travel alot so your guess is as good as mine, answers on a postcard to the HOF...

Postby JayneR » Sun 15 May 2005 09:55 GMT

Never heard of the man - not much of a football fan - I'm from Manchester so if push came to shove, I'd be a MU fan - I was curious. This is what The Sunday Times - Comment has to say:

Not since Sir Alex Ferguson kicked a football boot at David Beckham’s head and drew blood has there been such anger at Old Trafford. ...

Not only has Florida tycoon Glazer never set foot in Old Trafford, he is not one of Manchester United’s 3.29m worldwide supporters and is not known ever to have watched a match on television. What he is, however, is a shrewd operator and, according to his sisters, a nasty piece of work. ...

As the diehard fans — many of them small shareholders who worked hard to stop the takeover — burnt their season-ticket renewal forms and Glazer effigies outside the stadium this weekend, the mood was apocalyptic. ...

In a court hearing over his approach for Harley, a US judge branded him a “snake in sheep’s clothing”. ...

Some residents won a court case against Glazer for charging them extra to keep pets and even having babies. ...

As ever at Manchester United, the seeker after truth needs to revert to the poetical soul of their former star Eric Cantona: “When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.” ...

Some sardines! Just as long as the trawlermen don’t all jump ship.

So I'll go with the flow. Must phone my dad and give him a bit of moral support - he'll be devasted.

See ya! :D
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
JayneR
Free member

Return to Sports