It is currently Wed 26 Jun 2019 07:42 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Benin – Quick Quiz
    Try our Quick Quiz about Benin - known as Dahomey before 1975 and one of the most powerful kingdoms of pre-colonial West Africa.

Sports

World Cup - Dublin

Here's a forum to talk about sports. Enjoy!

World Cup - Dublin

Postby STAGPARTY » Tue 23 May 2006 10:12 GMT

RE ENGLAND SUPPORTERS CLUB DUBLIN

Hi all not sure how many replies I'll get but here we go !

I have been Living in Dublin for 6 years and wanted to organise a England supports club for ex pats to watch the England lift the World cup trophy in 2006!!!, then oviously the games that follow. Ideally we could get a group of fans together at a pub in town to create a home from home atmosphere. If anyone is interested the please mail me

[Edited by Site Admin.]
Posted by:
STAGPARTY

Postby Dave » Tue 23 May 2006 10:58 GMT

Even better, why not post here? That way, maybe people will see that others are joining in and be encouraged to get involved too.
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby justajester » Tue 23 May 2006 13:13 GMT

oooooooo...I wish I lived in Dublin, I'd be sure to join up, it sounds like such fun!
Amor animi arbitrio sumitur, non punitor
Posted by:
justajester
Supporter

Postby Kay » Tue 23 May 2006 14:18 GMT

Yeah, Dublin is a very vibrant city. You can guarantee good craic.

Stag, which pubs in your area show sports on big screens? Which pubs would you recommend for watching sports?

Rich tried to start a worldwide list of these ages ago but then he went walk-about. :lol:
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby mbraganza » Wed 7 Jun 2006 21:55 GMT

Hola,

Will be in Dublin over this weekend - actually live in California now but am here to get my H1B extension from the US embassy so will have to spend the weekend... hardship ;) . Is there any consensus on good pubs to watch the England games?

cheers

MB
Posted by:
mbraganza

Postby Chris Searles » Mon 12 Jun 2006 12:19 GMT

Has anywhere been organised as a meeting place in Dublin for England fans to meet up to watch the matches ?
Posted by:
Chris Searles

Re: World Cup - Dublin

Postby bobby b » Tue 13 Jun 2006 15:00 GMT

Do not know if you have had any contact but at leat two England fans will be in Sinnots on Thursday for the next match.

Wont be on-line till after then but cant see many people cheering so cant be to hard to spot.

Let us know if you have had any other replys and going to a different venue.

Cheers
B
Posted by:
bobby b

Postby mbraganza » Tue 13 Jun 2006 21:18 GMT

I watched on saturday in fitzgeralds in temple bar. It was packed with England supporters, and had a good selection of plasma and projector screens.

MB
Posted by:
mbraganza

Re: World Cup - Dublin

Postby ArthurF » Wed 21 Jun 2006 16:52 GMT

Well this is indeed good news to see this thread, I was thinking the very same thing myself seeing as I have also been living in Dublin for six years! and the Good news is that there are several England friendly pubs in Dublin City, the best for a proper English atmosphere being SINNOTTS pub at the top of Grafton St (opposite the Gaiety Theatre)!

I have been there for the last three games, wearing my England Shirt along with a couple of hundred other England supporters "Brilliant"!

I am also told that there might be one or two pubs in Temple bar with a large England contingent ............................................

I wont be in Dublin for the next game ( I will be in England) so I hope as many England supporters gather as in previous games and dont be afraid to wear your shirt with pride in Dublin.
Posted by:
ArthurF

Football pubs - Dublin bay

Postby ex-yorkshire » Thu 22 Jun 2006 20:43 GMT

Anyone know any pubs for watching football in Dun Laoghaire/Blackrock area where there might be other English? We went to watch the first game and were the only English people in there - not quite the same!
Posted by:
ex-yorkshire

england vs USA dublin

Postby englandfan » Mon 7 Jun 2010 13:14 GMT

Come over and join the english and american fan watch the world cup this sat in the break for the border bar.
Posted by:
englandfan

Return to Sports