It is currently Mon 18 Nov 2019 13:25 GMT
Change font size

Sports

Premiership action begins!!!

Here's a forum to talk about sports. Enjoy!

Premiership action begins!!!

Postby bertie_wooster » Sun 17 Aug 2003 07:28 GMT

Whooo-hoooo, my Blackburn Rovers out of the gates quickly!!!! Andy Cole, Andy Cole, Andy Cole........

Pompey - nice.
Posted by:
bertie_wooster

Postby HesitationKills » Sun 17 Aug 2003 07:42 GMT

What about Ronaldo for Man Utd!!!! I've forgotten who used to be No 7........ :o
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
HesitationKills
Free member

Postby Mike » Mon 18 Aug 2003 23:14 GMT

Andy who?

First blood for big Amo, an export from the real premiership :wink:

Mike.
Glaikit. Bit nae sae glaikit as a gollach wi a blin ee.
Posted by:
Mike
Supporter

Postby Rich » Fri 22 Aug 2003 16:35 GMT

Pompey - nice.

Nothing new though. Our standard for the last 10 years has been top after first week, and don't win again until Christmas (and noot neccesarily the same year..) . Looks like we peaked early this year!
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
Rich
Supporter

Location: Sweden based, but travel alot so your guess is as good as mine, answers on a postcard to the HOF...

Postby Terry » Sat 23 Aug 2003 08:10 GMT

Sorry to mention real football in this Premiershite thread, but have you noticed how, despite the close season tribulations, the mighty Luton Town are sitting pretty at the top of the table?
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Terry
Free member

Postby Rich » Sat 23 Aug 2003 14:08 GMT

Yes, well done Luton. Just hope it lasts. After all the cr*p that happened to them in the close season, they deserve something to cheer about. Also, good luck to Oldham. Founder members of the Premieship who look like they will cease to exist within about 6 weeks unless money is found. A sad story (hopefully with a happy ending) and a reminder of what can happen to any club.
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
Rich
Supporter

Location: Sweden based, but travel alot so your guess is as good as mine, answers on a postcard to the HOF...

Postby Tim » Sat 30 Aug 2003 10:47 GMT

Rich wrote:
Pompey - nice.

Nothing new though. Our standard for the last 10 years has been top after first week, and don't win again until Christmas (and noot neccesarily the same year..) . Looks like we peaked early this year!

Well, what about Pompey vs Wolves today? Got to fancy them, and they'll go top again, at least until tomorrow! It's a dream start!

Not so good for Wolves though! Have we got any Wolves fans here?
Posted by:
Tim
Supporter

Postby Rich » Sat 30 Aug 2003 13:09 GMT

Yes, I can't complain so far!

Feel a bit sorry for Wolves as they deserve at least a fair shot at staying up and the first 2 games can't have helped. They were better against Manyou though. Used to live in the midlands so regulalry went there 4 or 5 times a season with a season ticket holding friend.

I've a feeling that we may not win against Wolves though. Think physchologically, Wolves know that both sides are in the same level because both have come up together so they won't be overawed as they have been against "bigger" sides so far. See what happens
The light at the end of the tunnel has been extinguished due to management cutbacks.

www.britishexpat.com - News, humour and information for Brits worldwide!

Hmmmm. Needs more rope
Posted by:
Rich
Supporter

Postby Tim » Sat 30 Aug 2003 13:39 GMT

My money's on Pompey being on a terrific high, and wanting to be first team to 10 points, not to mention to go top again. And Wolves must be feeling really demoralised, poor beggurs. Anyway, we'll find out in the next couple of hours. I'm going to see if they're playing it on 5 live broadband...
Posted by:
Tim
Supporter

Return to Sports