It is currently Fri 26 Apr 2019 00:13 GMT
Change font size

Sports

Looks as if Birmingham will be safe come May, then...

Here's a forum to talk about sports. Enjoy!

Looks as if Birmingham will be safe come May, then...

Postby Dave » Sun 16 Aug 2009 14:47 GMT

Given that Reading and Newcastle both drew against Man U on the opening day of the season in 2007 and 2008 respectively, only to go down at the end of the season, I was half-worried that Blues might snatch a draw today - but no, they held on valiantly for a 1-0 defeat. :lol:

Good result, though, even if it was against a second-string Man U side. The way the pre-season friendlies went, I was afraid we were in for a thumping.

Nice to see us above the Vile in the table too. :twisted:

How did your team get on?
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Graeme » Sun 16 Aug 2009 21:21 GMT

The magpies won today, amazing considering the terrible year they had last year. Maybe the lower division will be good for them>

Graeme
:?
Hungry for magazines from Britain? Visit the main web site at http://www.britishexpat.com and satisfy that craving!
Posted by:
Graeme
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Wed 16 Sep 2009 14:42 GMT

Looking pretty healthy for the Toon so far, Graeme. :wink:

I wonder if I spoke too soon when coming up with the title for this topic. Blues have been playing some (for them) unusually attractive football, but as always they're not making it count where it matters.

And now it looks as if we'll be waving bye-bye to Karren Brady if the Carson Yeung bid to buy the club goes through. That'll be a sad loss. I can understand the Golds and David Sullivan may have had enough, though - and they've done brilliantly by the club considering the shape that first Ken Wheldon and then the Kumar Bros. left it in.
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Thu 17 Dec 2009 14:24 GMT

Now, I'm not raising my hopes or anything, but back in August I never thought I'd see anything like this:

Incredible how well Big Eck and the lads have done. If only it could last. :wink:
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Sports