It is currently Tue 23 Jul 2019 02:36 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about New Zealand – Quick Quiz
    New Zealand has its own distinct character which places it out on its own in more than a geographical sense. How much do you know about these fascinating islands?

Sports

Who do you support??

Here's a forum to talk about sports. Enjoy!

Who do you support??

Postby Audrey » Sun 31 Aug 2003 03:43 GMT

I've been a football fan for a long time now and my team is Liverpool - my grandparents were from there originally. What about the rest of you?
As for the usual ladies who ask why - simple answer. I have a husband and a son who were football mad so it was a case of join them or be left home alone! and after a while I found I enjoyed the game. I even understand the offside rule.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Audrey
Free member

Postby Kay » Sun 31 Aug 2003 08:06 GMT

I'm not averse to watching football although I don't really support a team. I like to see Birmingham City do well because it makes Dave happy. We used to watch them when they played away in London, and now they're in the Premier we even get to see them on TV sometimes. I understand the offside rule too. I used to play field hockey which has fairly similar rules.
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby Terry » Tue 2 Sep 2003 06:26 GMT

The mighty Luton Town! None of this girly Premiership stuff.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Terry
Free member

Postby hammersfan » Wed 12 May 2004 17:23 GMT

West Ham Utd, and unfortunately i've just left the country as we enter the playoffs for the first time!
Posted by:
hammersfan
Free member

Postby nooranismith » Thu 13 May 2004 06:14 GMT

Aberdeen, at least I like to see them do well. At least I'd like to see them do well. At least I seem to remember them doing well at one time, long long ago.

Arshiya is more into football than I am. My friends and she will get into animated discussion over offsides and leagues and whatever and I deal with the whisky. She's a Hearts and Roma supporter, who seem to do marginally better than the Aberdeen team.
Posted by:
nooranismith
Free member

Return to Sports