It is currently Sat 19 Oct 2019 14:44 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five alliterative questions – Quick Quiz
    Here are five questions with a common theme - the key word in all of them begins "b*mb". Why not bimble through them and see how many you can get right?

Sports

2nd Anniversary

Here's a forum to talk about sports. Enjoy!

2nd Anniversary

Postby Terry » Tue 2 Sep 2003 15:07 GMT

It might have slipped your minds but today is the second anniversary of the famous 5-1 England victory over Germany!

Unfortunately I was in Malaysia at the time and didn't get the opportunity to wind up my German hosts, but I have managed to drop it into the conversation several times today to good effect!
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Terry
Free member

Postby Rich » Tue 2 Sep 2003 16:55 GMT

I was unlucky enough to be there, and in the German section (best friend lives near Munich, father works at the stadium..). Even now, I think England were a tad lucky. If they'd of gone in at 1-1, it would never have happened, but a stupid German foul in a not overly dangerous area in stopage time and I get one of the worst and most uncomfortable 5 hours of my life!!!
The light at the end of the tunnel has been extinguished due to management cutbacks.

www.britishexpat.com - News, humour and information for Brits worldwide!

Hmmmm. Needs more rope
Posted by:
Rich
Supporter

Location: Sweden based, but travel alot so your guess is as good as mine, answers on a postcard to the HOF...

Postby atoz » Wed 1 Oct 2003 11:11 GMT

Think I've missed the boat on this one - but I've never seen the match. My girlfriend picked that as the weekend to go to Gabriola (tiny island off Vancouver Island) to help build a shed. We don't go out anymore :evil:
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
atoz
Free member

Return to Sports