It is currently Sat 17 Aug 2019 16:58 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five pub quiz questions – Quick Quiz
    As a change from our usual helping of country-related trivia, here's a tasty selection of five "pub quiz" type general knowledge questions. Have a go!

Sports

Blue heaven!

Here's a forum to talk about sports. Enjoy!

Blue heaven!

Postby Dave » Sun 27 Feb 2011 19:00 GMT

I am just soooo happy that my beloved Birmingham City have won their first major trophy since before I was born.

After so much in the media about "Ooh, Arsenal haven't won anything for six years, they must be due for something now", it made the win all the sweeter.

Fantastic that all the hard work and playing for each other paid off. Ben Foster thoroughly deserved his Man of the Match award - he stopped a host of Arsenal chances that looked certainties. And a big hand to Roger Johnson, stalwart as ever in defence despite looking as if he'd have to be substituted 15 minutes into the second half.

I'll sleep very happily tonight, that's for sure. :D
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby dave dee » Sun 27 Feb 2011 21:52 GMT

Well done to your team Dave, what a fantastic atmosphere it created in the final minutes, thoroughly enjoyed seeing the mighty fall, well deserved, can,t wait to see them in Europe.
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
dave dee
Supporter

Return to Sports