It is currently Wed 1 Apr 2020 11:30 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• UK clocks go forward at the weekend!
    Britain's (and most of Europe's) clocks go forward an hour at 0100 GMT (0200 British Summer Time) on Sunday 29 March.

Kia Ora!

thinking of moving to New Zealand

This is the place for social chit-chat and keeping in touch. So come on in and say hello! (If you're seeking information on a specific subject, please post your question on the appropriate forum. Thanks!)

thinking of moving to New Zealand

Postby sc6rpi6 » Sat 23 Aug 2008 17:36 GMT

Hi,
New to the forum, so the answer to my question is most probably somewhere in here but not sure where! We (my husband 58, me 40 and our children 6 and 8) are thinking of moving to New Zealand. Most probably in a couple of years the time we have sorted our life here. Here is France.
My question is: we don't plan on working in New Zealand so is it possible to just live there without working or will the government refuse?
Sc6rpi6
Posted by:
sc6rpi6

Postby EMO » Tue 7 Oct 2008 14:57 GMT

Hi sc6rpi6

I am also new to the forum and I also live in France (where abouts are you?). We are also looking into moving to NZ. I am wanting to carry on my accounting studies (very difficult over here) and my OH is sending off his CV to different companies (he is a plumber)
Any advice or help out there would be great. I would love to study at Auckland Uni as I have been informed that they are second to none, and as I plan to study full time I need a good one.
I have sent off an email to NZICA for some advice as the routes look a lot different from England. I am 39 and my oh is 46.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
EMO
Free member

Postby sc6rpi6 » Thu 16 Oct 2008 18:07 GMT

Hi EMO,
Don't seem to be able to pm you. Can you try to pm me? We are in the Limousin region. Would love to talk more
Sc6rpi6
Posted by:
sc6rpi6

Postby EMO » Fri 17 Oct 2008 06:40 GMT

Hi sc6rpi6,

Nice to hear from you. We live in the Brittany area. Have also tried to pm you but I think as we are new members we can't do that yet. Anyway, you can mail me on rands22@orange.fr - hopefully it would be nice to be able to talk to somebody who lives in France and wants to move to NZ. Do you hav a time scale of when you are wanting to move over to NZ and what area are you looking into moving? Is your house on the market in France yet?
Anyway, send me a mail and we can talk more. :D

Sue
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
EMO
Free member

Return to Kia Ora!