It is currently Sat 25 May 2019 01:51 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Five questions about Iceland – Quick Quiz
    For such a small nation, Iceland has a lot of superlatives. How much do you know about this intriguing country on the north-western edge of Europe?

Which area?

Best Area to live in Auckland

North Island or South Island? Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, or somewhere off the beaten track? So many choices... why not post here and discuss the options with others?

Best Area to live in Auckland

Postby ncundy » Fri 7 Aug 2009 19:14 GMT

Hi,
I am at present in the process of attempting to move to Nz and will be looking to live in Auckland with my wife and 2 teenage children.
I will be working over the water in Devonport so would need to have good public transport to the ferry and also close to good schools.
Can anyone provide me with areas i should be looking at.

Regards

Neil
Posted by:
ncundy

Postby Toonster » Mon 10 Aug 2009 10:47 GMT

Hi Neil,

Welcome to the forums :-) I can't help you myself (still in Bristol, but will be heading to Welly in November) - hopefully someone will be along shortly who will be able to help you out.

Cheers
Jo
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
Toonster

Postby Zootalaws » Mon 23 Nov 2009 17:51 GMT

If you are working on the North Shore, why commute to the South? Houses, schools, hospitals, etc are all just the same on the Shore as across the Nippon Clipon...

As you are moving to Devenport, I would guess you are with the NZDF - find a nice house to rent for a few months to get your bearings before diving into buying and setting permanent roots.

The suburbs in ferry commutable area to Devenport are some of the most expensive in Auckland, you can get fantastic value for your pound on the Shore.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Zootalaws
Free member

Return to Which area?