It is currently Sun 24 Mar 2019 17:36 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• Lá Fhéile Pádraig sona daoibh!
    Kay and Dave would like to wish all our readers with Irish connections a very happy St Patrick's Day!

Which area?

Hamilton area information

North Island or South Island? Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, or somewhere off the beaten track? So many choices... why not post here and discuss the options with others?

Hamilton area information

Postby gassonfamily » Thu 4 Mar 2010 20:01 GMT

Hi, we are considering a move to hamilton this year. I would be working at the waikato hospital. I 44 and have a wife (42) & 2 kids - a girl aged 9 & a boy aged 7. We would be grateful for any information about hamilton and its surrounds especially Tamahere. We like rugby (both Kids play) and walking & wife likes to sail. Info regarding lifestyle would be appreciated. Thanks Jeremy
Posted by:
gassonfamily

Postby Zootalaws » Sun 7 Mar 2010 21:10 GMT

Nice area, Hamilton. Beginning to outgrow it's little brother status given by the much bigger brother to the North, and about time too.

Apart from the fog and the flatness, it's a really nice place. Good weather, close to lots of nice touristy places.

Liking rugby won't set you apart from the locals... we don't mind a bit of it as well.

Sailing is probably one thing that Hamilton doesn't have - maybe she can swap to riding horses?

The best thing I would think is to rent a house for a few months to get a feeling for whether you like it or not. Picking a place to live when you aren't even in the country is a bit of a lottery.

For me, personally, Waikato is not the place for me, but I am from windy Wellington and I love my sea, scenery, mountains and beaches - and sailing :)
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Zootalaws
Free member

Return to Which area?