It is currently Thu 2 Apr 2020 20:24 GMT
Change font size

Immigration, visas, residency, medicals

Timescale to move from UK to NZ

Here's the place to discuss all the red tape, rules, and regulations - the hoops you have to jump through before getting to NZ.

Timescale to move from UK to NZ

Postby tracy brooks » Sun 3 Feb 2008 08:37 GMT

Hi,

We are going to NZ in April for 3 weeks for a holiday, but also with a view to emigrating (hopefully 18 months or so).

I can't seem to find anything on the numerous websites on emigrating which clarify how long you have to move from the UK to NZ from the time you are accepted.

Can anybody give me a bit of guidance on this matter as we are not sure when to apply for residency should we fall in love with NZ!

Look forward to hearing back from you!

Kind Regards
Tracy :D
Posted by:
tracy brooks

Postby fourtythree » Fri 8 Aug 2008 18:09 GMT

Hi Tracey
I have heard that once you have been granted your residency visa you have a year to enter the country.
I would like to know if any one knows how long it takes from submitting your EOI to getting your visa and if its too early to apply if we want to be on the plane emmigrating in 2 years....

????
Posted by:
fourtythree

Postby Toonster » Fri 14 Nov 2008 12:03 GMT

I'm afraid I can't help on the how long do you have once you have your visa, as I have yet to do mine, but from what I have seen on other sites, if you are going down the Skilled Migrant route (and have the right points to qualify, rather than trying to scrape in, which is how it looks we have to go), it takes about 6 months.
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
Toonster

Return to Immigration, visas, residency, medicals