It is currently Mon 6 Apr 2020 05:27 GMT
Change font size

Immigration, visas, residency, medicals

migration consultants

Here's the place to discuss all the red tape, rules, and regulations - the hoops you have to jump through before getting to NZ.

migration consultants

Postby selina » Sat 10 May 2008 15:48 GMT

HI, We have just had an offer excepted on our property-yeah! and are ready to start job hunting in New Zealand, my husband is in I.T. I would like to know if any one used a migration consultant and if you think it is worth it and if so who do you recommend or not. :D
Posted by:
selina

Postby dusty » Sun 11 May 2008 08:31 GMT

Hi selina,
We are using a migration consultant company to do everything for us. I'm not sure if I am allowed to mention them on here but if you would like to know then you can send me an e-mail. They do have a 100% record so far. They sort paper work; find employment for you and all the other bits and bobs. They are very friendly and often ring or e-mail us. They take the stress off us. They will even tell you at what time to have the police checks and medicals done. They talk to employers for you and because they are in NZ they know all of the adverts by employment agents (in other words, the ones to miss out) you can't always spot them when you see an advert on the internet. You could always use one of the employment agents if you want to do everything else yourself. But we would feel lost if we were not using our migration consultant. Ours do a money back guarantee. They will not take you on if they do not think that they will get you in. For us, that was good to know.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
dusty
Free member

Postby M-Squared » Tue 13 May 2008 08:05 GMT

Companies in NZ are crying out for IT professionals. I came out as a visitor and got a work permit last year. Then applied for PR straightaway and got it pretty quickly. Personally I wouldn't waste my money...
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
M-Squared
Free member

to dusty

Postby inf_please » Thu 10 Jul 2008 20:45 GMT

hey dusty, can you let me know who this company is, there is one we have looked into but i don't know if they are the same and just don't want to get scammed or anything like that

thanks so much
Posted by:
inf_please
Free member

Postby Kay » Fri 11 Jul 2008 06:36 GMT

can you let me know who this company is

Please read the posting guidelines. We don't allow recommendations such as this on here.
Not Delia - Foodie blog with lots of reviews and recipes.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Migrant consultants

Postby inf_please » Fri 11 Jul 2008 19:42 GMT

hey m squared,
did you bring everything you owned w/you on your visit or had to go back and get them, can you tell me if you used an international moving company and if so, if you liked them can you refer them to me and about how much did it all cost to move there?

thanks so much, sorry for all the questions.
Posted by:
inf_please
Free member

Postby inf_please » Fri 11 Jul 2008 19:45 GMT

hi kay,

just saw your post. sorry, did not know. won't do it again. :(
Posted by:
inf_please
Free member

Postby Kay » Fri 11 Jul 2008 20:31 GMT

Thanks - it's not that we're control freaks or Nazis (been accused of it!). It's just that if we allowed it we'd get all and sundry showing up to promote their websites without ever contributing any useful information.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Postby inf_please » Sat 12 Jul 2008 23:22 GMT

Hi Kay,

how do you become a regular member so that you can email or send pm's to people?

thanks.
Posted by:
inf_please
Free member

Postby Kay » Wed 16 Jul 2008 11:40 GMT

Please read the bit at the top which says " IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING". You'll find answers to all the questions there, or info about how to get answers about how the forum is run. With ten separate fora we really can't keep explaining these things on every board where these things arise - that's why all the info is there on our main forum.

I'm locking this now as this board is about residency and immigration to NZ, and this thread doesn't seem to relate to that very much.
Posted by:
Kay
Site Admin

Return to Immigration, visas, residency, medicals