It is currently Tue 31 Mar 2020 10:51 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• UK clocks go forward at the weekend!
    Britain's (and most of Europe's) clocks go forward an hour at 0100 GMT (0200 British Summer Time) on Sunday 29 March.

Immigration, visas, residency, medicals

First steps

Here's the place to discuss all the red tape, rules, and regulations - the hoops you have to jump through before getting to NZ.

First steps

Postby SarahB » Sat 12 Jul 2008 11:23 GMT

Hi all :)

I am at the very beginning of my journey to emigrating and need some advice of where to start etc.

I currently work in a local hospital as a Healthcare assistant (Auxiliary Nurse) I will hopefully be taking the course to become a qualified Nurse, in order to better my chances at gaining residency. I am unsure of anything else that i will need to help my cause and was hoping someone can give me some advice. I am 32, married (husband not skilled) I have 1 daughter age 9)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Thank you
x
Posted by:
SarahB

Postby kevins » Fri 18 Jul 2008 23:02 GMT

Hi Sarah
Get the qualifications, there are always jobs advertised for nurses - find out if anyone you know/ worked with someone who might have already emigrated - my sister-in-law (midwife) got a job through an old colleague of hers at a hospital in Hamilton and since then 3 of her friends have emigrated too. Getting work in New Zealand is all about who you know - especially for the unskilled - it will be a struggle for your husband to find work easily - unless you have contacts.
Good Luck

Kevin
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
kevins
Free member

Return to Immigration, visas, residency, medicals