It is currently Tue 26 May 2020 21:27 GMT
Change font size

Immigration, visas, residency, medicals

We want to come and live in the NZ can someone help...

Here's the place to discuss all the red tape, rules, and regulations - the hoops you have to jump through before getting to NZ.

We want to come and live in the NZ can someone help...

Postby scrummy » Mon 14 Jul 2008 19:41 GMT

Hi all :
My family and I would love to come and live in NZ, we have both passed the embassy regulations. However, they dropped a bomb shell on me saying I need a job offer before being granted a visa or permanent residenancy.

I dont mind where we live in NZ ideally a small bit of land with a 3 bed house. I have City and Guilds pt's 1 & 2 in car repairs and 20 years Experience but without proof of the work I have done it's hard to convince them...My partner is quilified upto NVQ level 3 in the care field and is still currently doing so.

Does anyone have similar issues or expiriences to share ?
I really want to come over as I have set my heart on it now.
Seems a little mad that I need to come into NZ for an interview after flying in from the UK to be turned down a job offer !!!

That process could go on for months....
How do us UK'ers go about the process ???

Many thanks (New User ) :(
Posted by:
scrummy

Postby kevins » Fri 18 Jul 2008 22:55 GMT

Hi Scrummy
You would need to get your qualifications assessed by the NZQA, and written references from past employers - as a start, get as much done as you possibly can - then use the job sites to see if you can find a job, if it is a trade that is in demand you will have no problems getting a job offer - but Kiwi lads are mad on cars - so you might struggle in that dept - your wife might have a better chance. The other alternative is to buy a business and get in that way.
I got on a plane and flew here for two weeks - did 4 interviews and managed to get a job offer. Check out recruitment agencies for both of you - and see if they can help.

Kevin
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
kevins
Free member

Return to Immigration, visas, residency, medicals