It is currently Mon 6 Apr 2020 05:57 GMT
Change font size

Immigration, visas, residency, medicals

Wife got no Apprenticeship

Here's the place to discuss all the red tape, rules, and regulations - the hoops you have to jump through before getting to NZ.

Wife got no Apprenticeship

Postby welshneil » Sun 19 Apr 2009 20:59 GMT

We looking into migrating on the skilled migration visa. I did a full apprenticeship as a fitter/turner (city & guilds) and have a HNC Plant Engineering. My wife has city & guilds Hairdressing, it was a full time two year course so she didn't do an apprenticeship but went straight into a job. If I'm the primary applicant is it ok that my wife has not got an apprenticeship. :?
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
welshneil
Free member

Postby Toonster » Mon 20 Apr 2009 08:01 GMT

Hmmm - not sure - I don't know whether she can claim the points for the skilled occupation, as the guidelines do say:
The City and Guilds Part One and Part Two Certificates named below, together with evidence of a completed apprenticeship registered with a recognised industry body, are assessed as occupying Level 3 of the Register and will therefore qualify for 50 points.

It would be worth asking INZ whether she would be able to claim any points?
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
Toonster

Return to Immigration, visas, residency, medicals