It is currently Fri 3 Apr 2020 10:07 GMT
Change font size

Immigration, visas, residency, medicals

Good & Bad Agencies

Here's the place to discuss all the red tape, rules, and regulations - the hoops you have to jump through before getting to NZ.

Good & Bad Agencies

Postby TheGYBlues » Tue 19 May 2009 21:48 GMT

Hi all
We are looking at the options of moving out to NZ and know that we will need to have a job in order to get the visa. We have seen so many different agencies that seem to offer the "full package" but can any one let us know your experiences when using them. We have seen the emails by [Name removed by Site Admin] company but are now not sure of which way to go.

[Request for recommendations removed]

Thanks

Andrew & Tracy :lol:
Posted by:
TheGYBlues

Postby Dave » Wed 20 May 2009 03:06 GMT

Hi

I've edited your post. In the posting guidelines we ask people not to ask for recommendations - it only encourages spammers to come along and pretend to be satisfied customers in order to score a free advert. "Recommendations" like that are of course useless, and they also deprive this site of the advertising revenue that keeps it a free service for its users.

I'm also shifting the topic to the Immigration board as it's primarily an immigration question - but as it's a borderline case, I'm leaving a shadow in the Working board so that people see it there too.
British Newspapers Online - your handy guide to the UK's national, regional and local press!
ErgoGuides - Great travel and business eBooks from British Expat!
Posted by:
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Toonster » Wed 20 May 2009 12:14 GMT

Hiya,

The using agencies or not question comes up a lot - my opinion is that they are a bit of a waste of time and money - you can do most of the work yourself.

The New Zealand Immigration website has the full list of employers who are accredited to offer jobs without you having a visa in place

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/ ... rsList.htm

It is worth having a dig through there to see if you can get a job directly through the employer (and save yourself multi thousand pounds - we were quoted £1,000 just for using an agency to find a job, let alone doing the visas / job hunt etc!)

If you do want to use an agency, then it is really worth going to one of the many Expos that are around in the UK (Google is your friend here) - you can get a much better feel from talking face to face with someone than you can from a web page / email.

Jo
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
Toonster

Postby Roynaldo » Sat 27 Jun 2009 15:51 GMT

I know u posted a while ago, but I'm new to the forum.

My advice is that there should be no reason why you can't handle the whole process youseleves. You just need to be organised and committed. And NZIS are really helpful.

The hardest part in my view is completing the EOI online - make sure you click save and have all the information to hand. And keep persevering. After the EOI the rest is straight forward.

If we can do it without involving an agency then anyone can!

All the best.
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
Roynaldo
Free member

Postby Toonster » Sat 27 Jun 2009 16:10 GMT

I definitely concur here! My husband and I have just got our PR; the hardest thing was definitely filling out the EOI form and finding our way round the NZIS website to work out what they meant with different terminologies (and then kicking it when it went on a go-slow half an hour into the process). Definitely no need to get any agencies involved :-)
There's loads more to see and do on British Expat— why not check out our home page?
Posted by:
Toonster

Postby jasondavis » Sat 20 Nov 2010 05:16 GMT

yes i totally agree,agencies are a complete waste of money,if you can read english,the whole process,can be done yourselves,just need the money and a pc/printer :lol: been in nz 7yrs and never looked back,well worth the effort,
Posted by:
jasondavis

Postby Toonster » Sat 20 Nov 2010 20:03 GMT

Please also bear in mind that since this post was originally started and replied to, the rules around visa advisors have changed. If you do choose to go down the advisor route (which may not be necessary, as shown above), they *have* to be a licenced one. If they are not an official advisor, then your visa application *will* be thrown out.

Full details are here:
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/ ... on/advice/

(The advisor will also be fined, and INZ is also a little bit interesting on what they term 'immigration advice', hence my signature!)
Living in Windy Welly!
Timescales for PR Application: EOI December 2008; ITA submitted April 2009; PR granted end June 2009.
All posts are my own opinion and not meant to offer any formal visa or emigration advice.
Posted by:
Toonster

Return to Immigration, visas, residency, medicals