It is currently Mon 6 Apr 2020 05:24 GMT
Change font size

Immigration, visas, residency, medicals

When will I get my case officer?! (PR visa app)

Here's the place to discuss all the red tape, rules, and regulations - the hoops you have to jump through before getting to NZ.

When will I get my case officer?! (PR visa app)

Postby Mrs Mac » Mon 31 Aug 2009 18:37 GMT

Hi all,

We submitted our permanent residence application 3 months ago (at the beginning of June) under the skilled migrant category (hubbys a spark).

We don't have job offers so are expecting perhaps being offered a work to residence visa.

The confirmation letter said we would be assigned a case officer within 4 months so we should have one in the next month all going well. They then reckon 1-3 months for the decision.

Just wondered if anyone else is in the same position at the moment and if the 4 month lead is accurate?

We want to ideally go in Jan (last xmas with the fam and then arrive in the summer!) so are anxious to be assigned the CO!

Sold the house so we are ready for the offski!

Posted by:
Mrs Mac

Postby Toonster » Tue 1 Sep 2009 11:17 GMT

Ullo :-) Welcome to the forums

Yes, the 4 month processing time is reasonably accurate - we got one in just under 3 months.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/branch/l ... gtimes.htm

This page gives the most recent updates of times:
As an example, for the week ending 21 August 2009 we are allocating applications submitted up to and including 17 May 2009.

so you should hear soon! Fingers crossed :D
Living in Windy Welly!
Timescales for PR Application: EOI December 2008; ITA submitted April 2009; PR granted end June 2009.
All posts are my own opinion and not meant to offer any formal visa or emigration advice.
Posted by:
Toonster

Postby Mrs Mac » Sat 5 Sep 2009 14:38 GMT

OK - coincidently we got one a couple of days ago.

Need to do another med test and send a couple of docs then fingers crossed we will have ou decision... hate not knowing!

Thanks for your reply... how are you getting on with your app? :roll:
Posted by:
Mrs Mac

Postby Toonster » Wed 9 Sep 2009 16:21 GMT

Will keep my fingers very tightly crossed for you :-) Hope that the medical goes ok...

We sailed through - I'm still not really sure how! I had contact with my CO on the Monday (in the evening), he asked for a couple more bits demonstrating our relationship, and for a phone interview on the Thursday. The interview went really well - it was about 45 minutes in total, but that was because I blathered a lot! He said that it would take till the Monday to make a decision, but in actuality he called me on the Friday afternoon to say that my husband and I had both got full PR :-D

So the last few months have been a flurry of activity, and we booked our flights a few weeks ago. It's a bit of a leap into the unknown - we've got no job (all the applications we've put in so far have been rejected because we aren't out there yet, so we've decided just to jump...), we've got nowhere to live (staying in a caravan park for the first half week, with a possible extension depending on how quickly we can find somewhere we like and can afford to rent) and at the moment we have no money because as soon as we got a bank and a transfer provider sorted out, the exchange rate went down the toilet! (Lost c. $800 so far, and we're not even transferring £5,000 before we go!)

Do let me know how you get on - where are you looking to end up?
Living in Windy Welly!
Timescales for PR Application: EOI December 2008; ITA submitted April 2009; PR granted end June 2009.
All posts are my own opinion and not meant to offer any formal visa or emigration advice.
Posted by:
Toonster

Return to Immigration, visas, residency, medicals