It is currently Tue 31 Mar 2020 09:54 GMT
Change font size

Latest Message from British Expat:

• UK clocks go forward at the weekend!
    Britain's (and most of Europe's) clocks go forward an hour at 0100 GMT (0200 British Summer Time) on Sunday 29 March.

Immigration, visas, residency, medicals

Proof of employment?

Here's the place to discuss all the red tape, rules, and regulations - the hoops you have to jump through before getting to NZ.

Postby jillianmarie » Mon 8 Feb 2010 23:10 GMT

hi what proof is needed , for immigration, to prove that you have been in employment for a minimum of three months, on a residency visa with job offer condition attached?
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
jillianmarie
Free member

Postby Toonster » Tue 9 Feb 2010 04:45 GMT

Hiya,

I've not had to do this myself, but I would expect that a signed contract with a clear start date, and pay slips to cover the three months would do it. A cover letter from the HR team (or equivalent if it is a small company) on headed paper would look good, too.
Living in Windy Welly!
Timescales for PR Application: EOI December 2008; ITA submitted April 2009; PR granted end June 2009.
All posts are my own opinion and not meant to offer any formal visa or emigration advice.
Posted by:
Toonster

Postby jillianmarie » Thu 11 Feb 2010 13:49 GMT

thanks Toonster
what if we get another job contract and once we arrive in NZ they pull out. Do we have time to find another company?
Reminder: Premium Membership is required for access to private messages. Sign up now!
Posted by:
jillianmarie
Free member

Postby Toonster » Fri 12 Feb 2010 05:30 GMT

Hmmm - I'm not exactly sure.

I've had a dig on the INZ website, and the only thing I can see is

Question: My employer has closed the business. What happens to my work permit?
Answer: If your permit was granted specifically for this job, and you are no longer employed there, your work permit becomes invalid. You must immediately change your status by making a new application. If you have a new job to go to, you should apply for a new work permit. Your other options are a visitor permit or a student permit, if you meet policy requirements for either of those applications.

If you are not eligible for any further permits in NZ, you should arrange your departure to avoid becoming unlawful.

(Sorry - I did try to give you a link so that you could see it, but my computer is playing silly b*ggers tonight...)

However, if you have a residency visa, it may be slightly different, so I'd check with your Case Officer to make sure.

Do be aware that you have rights if you have a signed contract and they pull out (even a formal verbal offer can be binding, but I'm not sure what you'd have to do to prove that you'd had it!!), however, I'm not sure how much that would help with the visa...
Living in Windy Welly!
Timescales for PR Application: EOI December 2008; ITA submitted April 2009; PR granted end June 2009.
All posts are my own opinion and not meant to offer any formal visa or emigration advice.
Posted by:
Toonster

Return to Immigration, visas, residency, medicals