It is currently Fri 3 Apr 2020 11:26 GMT
Change font size

Immigration, visas, residency, medicals

medicals

Here's the place to discuss all the red tape, rules, and regulations - the hoops you have to jump through before getting to NZ.

medicals

Postby ninjacat1 » Wed 25 May 2011 17:34 GMT

Hi, can anyone tell me what exactly happens during your medicals?
Do they want to examine you from top to toe including "down below area" :|
Posted by:
ninjacat1

Postby Toonster » Mon 30 May 2011 07:07 GMT

Hi Ninjacat,

Welcome to the forums! Sorry for the slight delay in replying - Real Life got a bit manic over the last week...

No, not at all (in my experience) :D

There was a height/weight check, plus urine check (the ol' diabetes test). A blood pressure test, plus blood samples, and a medical history chat with the doctor. I think he might have done a 'listen to you breathing', too, but can't recall completely. My husband had to have extra (fasting) blood tests because he had a high BMI, which we knew about beforehand (can't remember the exact BMI level, but it is on the immigration website somewhere), so made sure that we had an early appointment so that we could get them all done in one go. Finally, a chest X-ray, which is looking for problems with the lungs and heart.

So (depending on your view of needles), relatively non-invasive, and definitely not scary. (I was expecting a much more thorough scan than I got! Almost disappointed for the money I was paying :wink: )
Living in Windy Welly!
Timescales for PR Application: EOI December 2008; ITA submitted April 2009; PR granted end June 2009.
All posts are my own opinion and not meant to offer any formal visa or emigration advice.
Posted by:
Toonster

Return to Immigration, visas, residency, medicals