It is currently Fri 3 Apr 2020 12:04 GMT
Change font size

Immigration, visas, residency, medicals

INZ medicals

Here's the place to discuss all the red tape, rules, and regulations - the hoops you have to jump through before getting to NZ.

INZ medicals

Postby hester » Sat 10 Nov 2012 15:24 GMT

Hi - can anyone advise me/ I have an upcoming NZ medical, applying for a 'Talent visa' with an accredited employer who have offered me a job. I am in pretty good health for my age (v. early 50s) BMI below the 30 level and I am generally quite fit.
I do have slightly elevated diastolic blood pressure although I am on medication for it. My systolic is at a good level. The high(ish) diastolic readings always come up in the doctors surgery whilst at home they are usually fine. (White coat reaction apparently) I had all the blood stuff etc. checked and I am all fine otherwise. Am I likely to get completely knocked back by INZ or delayed significantly by referrals to an MA? Has any one been through something similar? (Have to say all theis stuff is giving me serious second thoughts about New Zealand)
Posted by:
hester

Postby Toonster » Sun 18 Nov 2012 06:26 GMT

Hi Hester,

Welcome to the forums :D

Congratulations on the job offer - it sounds like you've jumped a major hurdle already.

I haven't been in your situation, but, depending on how high the diastolic pressure is, the most likely worst case situation is that they will refer you to the medical assessor. If you are in general health otherwise, they shouldn't turn you down straight away. I came back with slightly elevated liver functions, and didn't even get asked about it.

The main thing that they are looking for is a check that you aren't going to end up being a drain on the health system.

I keep my fingers crossed for you and hope for a speedy pass through on the visa!
Living in Windy Welly!
Timescales for PR Application: EOI December 2008; ITA submitted April 2009; PR granted end June 2009.
All posts are my own opinion and not meant to offer any formal visa or emigration advice.
Posted by:
Toonster

Return to Immigration, visas, residency, medicals